cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pierhh
Halo

Re: Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I replaced to new Note 9 but same problem persist. If this is not going to fix with software updates then I have to return this phone since this is not a phone in my opinion since I cannot hear while touching the phone with speaker call mode!

This is not acceptable.

The solution marked doesn't help anything.

Brand new out from the box,clean installed, non data restored factory reseted, none app installed, both Android Oreo and Android pie,replaced to new lot..STILL same problem... I've tried everything and nothing fixed this issue.

I guess this is hardware problem and can't fix it since no answer from Samsung. Even support center no answer. .

dakova2000
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung never resolved my problem ... infact they stalled me and told me someone would contact me and intentionally contacted me when the return period was over. 

The problem still persists even after the software update and so i will pay off this phone and throw it away.

I just ordered the Galaxy S10+ from Best Buy and will be picking it up today ..... i will never ever order anything directly from samsung.com again

Highlighted
userEEwmVXF1wu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone is having similar issue,  people at other end unable to hear me in speaker mode.  

I really liked this phone but if I am not able to take my meetings on phone then all fancy features are of no use. 

Samsung you need fix this ASAP.   

SpeedRacer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello All,

I too had the issue of my speakerphone conversation not working properly and the other person couldn't hear me speaking. After researching and attempting all of the fixes I could find online and resisting the hated factory reset, I dug a little deeper and found that the Note 9 has not one, but two microphones. One microphone at the top of the phone on the right-side and the other on the bottom, next to the speaker, which is also on the right-side of the phone. Here is the image link.

Anyhow, I left the plastic phone protectors/shipping covers on the front and the back of the phone to keep it from getting any oilier or dirtier on either side of the phone until I felt comfortable that the phone wouldn't turn out to be defective in anyway before permanently attaching a Whitestone Dome Glass protector onto the screen. I am a meticulous person and I like to be clean and organized and I planned to leave this film on the front and back of the new phone for a short period of time Smiley Happy

Of course I am going to clean the phone again thoroughly before attempting to put the glass screen protector on the phone as I am sure you all are wondering, but remember, I am somewhat of a clean freak Smiley Happy

I figured I would wait a week or two to make sure the phone didn't turn out to be a lemon because my father has been having some issues with his Note 9 and he may have to do a factory reset or send the phone back for a new one. I searched for a diagram of the Note 9 to make sure there was nothing I was missing and sure enough, I found there were two microphones when I thought there was only one microphone. I immediately knew it was me who made the error by placing a tiny piece of tape over the microphone on top of the phone. This happened because I wanted to hold the plastic film on the front of the phone in place to keep the OtterBox case from peeling it up a little once the phone case was in place.  Not knowing this would affect the proper operation of the phone whatsoever, it caused the speakerphone not to function at all because the phone has to have both microphones active and uncovered in order for the speakerphone to work properly.

I removed the piece of tape that was covering the top microphone, dialed Target and immediately placed them on speakerphone as a test. The speakerphone worked as it should and the other person could hear me just fine Smiley Happy

So, for those of you who may be like me and placed tape on the edges of the removable film to keep it from peeling off of the phone, please make sure you didn't place tape over the top or bottom microphones Smiley Wink

I really hope this helps those who have been super-frustrated and do not want to do a factory reset on your phone or send it back to Samsung for repair or replacement Smiley Happy