Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy note 9 stereo speaker issue during call

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Phone > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

View solution in original post

user7EyWM0fBGX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nope, still same issue. I have 2 phone apps as system apps. One is using battery the other isn't. Doubt if this is issue. It happens in WhatsApp speaker call as well.

Pierhh
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not the solution.

I meant at least not mine note9.

Still the upper speaker turns off/on if you cover with your hands/finger on the camera line sensor when you are calling with handsfree/speaker mode.

Who ever fixed with this solution please clarify.

I opened this defective problem in other discussion along with few other defective problems but Samsung deleted the whole discussion suddenly.

What is going on Samsung??

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the issue only happening during calls or does it occur when media is played as well?

user7EyWM0fBGX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Only during calls on speaker. I found out one more thing. If I block the sensor on the left on phone it shuts off the top speaker during call. If I lay the phone flat or side ways, I'm guessing the sensor feels like something is blocking it and it shuts off the top speaker. Most likely a software update where top speaker stays on at all times regardless of any sensors will fix the issue.

user7EyWM0fBGX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Basically, the proximity sensor on the top left side of phone that shuts off display when you bring it to your ear is likely influencing this behavior during speaker calls. 

user4DM2KnyV3P
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's happening during calls with me where the speaker suddenly turns on while the speaker icon is showing that it's off (not green). I tried to clear the cache as explained and also tried the safe mode but the issue is still persistent. It's really annoying and embarrassing.

Could it be a hardware issue? or should I just wait for the next update that will fix it ?

user7EyWM0fBGX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every note 9 user I met so far has this issue. Most likely a software issue not hardware because it works fine during videos and music.

user0ojLY6WbE2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup, have looked through developer options and everything and i can't find a resolution. It's annoying cuz depending on how you hold it it'll start playing from the opposite speaker making it hard to hear the person talking sometimes. Let's get a resolution nowwwwww

userqgtSu4j2hy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its the call record apps that causes this issue. 

Go to your call record app > setting > turn off auto speaker.