cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giant black bars on buttom after update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20190331-103454_Nova Launcher.jpg

Is there a reason for this? Why is it so big? I keep finding new bad things on this most recent update. First the photo editor pro dissapeared, then the pop-up player disappeared as well, and now this big black bars are taking so much room on the bottom pushing my icons up. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Giant black bars on buttom after update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the issue is with my nova launcher. I had an old version and I guess it wasn't compatible with the new firmware version of my note 9. After I updated my nova launcher, the black bars disappeared and it's now back to normal. But please we still need the photo editor pro back and also the pop-up player for the Samsung web browser. These 2 features were really useful for me and a lot of people, it boggles my mind why on Earth they were removed smh. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Douglasdjb22
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Change the background picture

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Douglasdjb22 wrote:

Change the background picture

Any background you put, it's always gonna have the big black bars.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't know why the bars are that big, but I'd go with the gestures and do away with that version navigation bar.

Settings>display>navigation bar.   Go with full screen gestures and use the markers at the very bottom of the screen. Took me just a few minutes to get use to them. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the issue is with my nova launcher. I had an old version and I guess it wasn't compatible with the new firmware version of my note 9. After I updated my nova launcher, the black bars disappeared and it's now back to normal. But please we still need the photo editor pro back and also the pop-up player for the Samsung web browser. These 2 features were really useful for me and a lot of people, it boggles my mind why on Earth they were removed smh. 

View solution in original post