JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Giant black bars on buttom after update

(Topic created: 03-31-2019 12:04 PM)
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Screenshot_20190331-103454_Nova Launcher.jpg

Is there a reason for this? Why is it so big? I keep finding new bad things on this most recent update. First the photo editor pro dissapeared, then the pop-up player disappeared as well, and now this big black bars are taking so much room on the bottom pushing my icons up. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Douglasdjb22
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Change the background picture

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@Douglasdjb22 wrote:

Change the background picture

Any background you put, it's always gonna have the big black bars.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Don't know why the bars are that big, but I'd go with the gestures and do away with that version navigation bar.

Settings>display>navigation bar.   Go with full screen gestures and use the markers at the very bottom of the screen. Took me just a few minutes to get use to them. 

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

So the issue is with my nova launcher. I had an old version and I guess it wasn't compatible with the new firmware version of my note 9. After I updated my nova launcher, the black bars disappeared and it's now back to normal. But please we still need the photo editor pro back and also the pop-up player for the Samsung web browser. These 2 features were really useful for me and a lot of people, it boggles my mind why on Earth they were removed smh.