cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Geo_AB
Asteroid

Google Back Up Now grayed out - Waiting for backup

Hello,
I have a problem with Google Drive Backup, where the "Back up Now" button is deactivated.
This issue happened after I reset my "Samsung Galaxy Note9" to the factory.

I have Tried the following:
- Reset to factory
- Tried another account
- Cleared all Google Data
- Using WiFi + Mobile Data
- Enabled all Syncing Options (Device + Google)
- Removed All existing Google Drive Backups
- Device Up to Date (Android Pie)

I've managed to enable this option when I removed all the security settings in the device (Lock Screen Password and security options). But when I set up the screen lock, the "Backup Now" button will appear gray again (Disabled).

I hope to find a solution for this issue, without removing the lock screen security.

Please advise!

Screenshot_20190613-215445_Google Play services.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Google Back Up Now grayed out - Waiting for backup

Thank you for reaching out. Give this a try: Turn off your security settings, then click on back up now, then turn your security settings back on.

Geo_AB
Asteroid

Thank you for your reply, 

As I have mentioned, unfortunately, I have tried that. But the backup option will be turned off again once I set up my Screen Lock back.
So, I need to turn off my Security Every time I need to back up, and this is not a solution. Smiley Sad

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out to Google directly for further assistance.

Geo_AB
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam 
Unfortunately, I've done this too. But I did not find any support from them as they claim that this problem is due to the settings of the device and software of Samsung, which was prepared and modified by Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend reaching out directly to our customer service team directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 so they can remote into your device and assist you further.

Do you have any mdm on the device ?

Geo_AB
Asteroid

@userRqea7924oh 
Do you mean Mobile Device Management? 
If yes, I only have the Knox system configured by my service provider.

userYme40Stjg0
Constellation

Exact same issue on my Huawei mate 20x and at the time I was selling my note9. I had also factory reset.. Also greyed out.  Called Huawei and Google... Both said the issue was with the other. I tried All the same troubleshooting. I can only conclude that it is an issue within android pie.

So.... Same issue with two different top end phones running pie.

I believe there is no fix until they fix the software. Note that if you turn off security then it will turn blue but that is not a good solution.

So I have exact same issue on both phones.... Only common theme is Pie.

I am returning and getting anew phone..... Not resetting and hope they fix at some stage with OTA update.  Sorry no better news.

userjYOE0rd8hK
Constellation

I have a Samsung S10 5G (SM-G977B), a UK version and have the same problem. I have tried the suggestion above about removing any security/screen lock and it does work but as soon as I have any type of lock screen, even a Pattern lock, the Back Up Now button is greyed out. I wonder if there ever will be a solution