cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HELP! Repeatedly Shutting Down/No SIM Card

Started on 01/29/2020 while sitting at my desk. Phone starts shutting down and restarting. I search for issues and run all the suggested fixes - except a factory reset. No new apps, no drops, no water exposure - nothing. The phone will randomly start functioning properly and then it will start the shut down cycle again. I have even had it sitting - fully shut down - and it will decide to turn itself on. I am beyond frustrated. I plan to go to my local Verizon store today but I figured I would see if anyone on here has any suggestions/ideas/input. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HELP! Repeatedly Shutting Down/No SIM Card

Give this link a shot. http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks Samsung Adam.

I did run through those steps, along with a network reboot, cache clearing, removal and reinsertion of the SIM Card.

Just finished a chat with Samsung and all they could offer was a factory reset as my option but I've read a few other places where that didn't remedy the situation.

The biggest frustration is that it will suddenly work just fine, and just as quickly it starts freaking out again.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userIdcN2QwJHN I would recommend taking your device to your local UbreakIfix so they can get a hands-on look at your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

@SamsungAdam  yup, that's the consensus. Unfortunately, for me, the closest location is an hour from my home - so not the most convenient solution. Thanks for trying. I did literally research the heck out of my problem before I reached out. I keep my third party apps to a minimum and do all the things the experts say to do in order to keep the phone safe from stuff like this - so it's either a hardware issue, requiring replacement, or it's something I would have no way of being aware of regardless of my level of care.

Thanks again for trying!