cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKS8APahn0Q
Asteroid

Hate the new software update!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I soo despite this update!!! I can't  see any of my contacts, i thought it was something that needed to be done in  the settings to see but it isnt. Everything is all white in the contacts and in the text messages.  This random giant black space hovering above saved messages is redundant. This is giving me anxiety because i cannot do my day to day tasks without all the hinderances. Even the standard calendar doesnt fully load, you cant even see the dates. I never liked samsung and was always an LG person but i thought hey this note 9 looks promising let me give it a shot. Its been pretty cool, outside of the text messaging ive always hated the extra steps you have to take just to send a simple text is unnerving, up until now. I am unhappy that I cannot revert  this update.  Frustrated 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hate the new software update!!!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you running a theme?  If so,  turn it off  If the theme was  designed for oreo,  it won't run right under ONE UI.  If you aren't running a theme that's designed for the new system,  try: 

SETTINGS>DISPLAY>NIGHT MODE and see if that helps

@userKS8APahn0Q wrote:

I too despite this update!!! I can't  see any of my contacts, i thought it was something that needed to be done in  the settings to see but it isnt. Everything is all white in the contacts and in the text messages.  This random giant black space hovering above saved messages is redundant. This Bull is giving me anxiety because i cannot do my day to day tasks without all the hinderances. Even the standard calendar doesnt fully load, you cant even see the dates. I never liked samsung and was always an LG person but i thought hey this note 9 looks promising let me give it a shot. Its been pretty cool, outside of the text messaging ive always hated the extra steps you have to take just to send a simple text is unnerving, up until now. I am highly ticked that I cannot revert the mess this so called update has caused and makes me want to return this phone.

Samsung you were getting somewhere but now youve gone too far and need to correct you faults immediately.  I dont have money to keep wasting on phones, if im gonna pay you all of this mo ey at least you could do is give us what we like and not this garbage!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you running a theme?  If so,  turn it off  If the theme was  designed for oreo,  it won't run right under ONE UI.  If you aren't running a theme that's designed for the new system,  try: 

SETTINGS>DISPLAY>NIGHT MODE and see if that helps

@userKS8APahn0Q wrote:

I too despite this update!!! I can't  see any of my contacts, i thought it was something that needed to be done in  the settings to see but it isnt. Everything is all white in the contacts and in the text messages.  This random giant black space hovering above saved messages is redundant. This Bull is giving me anxiety because i cannot do my day to day tasks without all the hinderances. Even the standard calendar doesnt fully load, you cant even see the dates. I never liked samsung and was always an LG person but i thought hey this note 9 looks promising let me give it a shot. Its been pretty cool, outside of the text messaging ive always hated the extra steps you have to take just to send a simple text is unnerving, up until now. I am highly ticked that I cannot revert the mess this so called update has caused and makes me want to return this phone.

Samsung you were getting somewhere but now youve gone too far and need to correct you faults immediately.  I dont have money to keep wasting on phones, if im gonna pay you all of this mo ey at least you could do is give us what we like and not this garbage!

View solution in original post

userKS8APahn0Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont know what you mean by Oreo nor UI. Nevertheless ive been searching for a solution in my settings, i will try & find nightmode as you suggested.  Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKS8APahn0Q wrote:

I dont know what you mean by Oreo nor UI. Nevertheless ive been searching for a solution in my settings, i will try & find nightmode as you suggested.  Thanks

Oreo was the previous version of android operating system that was replaced/ updated at the first of this year.  The updated os has been called Pie, as released by Google.  Samsung's version as modified by their engineers has gone by the name "One UI".  One UI is the current system.   Quickest way to tell without going into the settings section is to look at the clock on the top of your screen.  If the clock is on the right,  you have oreo. If the clock is on the left,  you have One UI. And that clock location has been the source of so many complaints.........

useriamQ1z04VR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so I'm going to ask stupid question. How do I turn off themes?  I changed to an update theme which got rid of the ugly orange on my contacts but did nothing to get rid of white background on my Google calendar 

useriamQ1z04VR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Big-Bad-Brad @How do I turn off theme . I changed themes, which got rid of orange contacts but still have white background on Google calendar 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useriamQ1z04VR wrote:

@Big-Bad-Brad @How do I turn off theme . I changed themes, which got rid of orange contacts but still have white background on Google calendar 

No idea.  I've never wanted or found a theme that I liked.  I just use a wallpaper from pictures that I've taken.  I would assume that you would go to Settings > Wallpaper And Themes and then go from there.  I don't use a theme and I've never had a visibility problem.  What ever  you did to get it, go the other direction I guess.  

Meaness
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with all the feed backs

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Meaness wrote:

I agree with all the feed backs

Truthfully. I'm having no problems. I use nova as a launcher and I keep it in night mode all the time.  Quite comfortable

userVtbf6f73hW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HATE THE UPDATE!  KILLING MY BATTERY IN NOTE8

TERRIBLE!!!!