cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please: diminishing internal storage

Hi , thank you for reading my question. 

I need help. I started to feel that no matter how many and frequently I deleted things, it is sooner and sooner to get full. I keep checking The internal storage, and see the sum of the folders shown has been decreasing. In the screenshot, it shows 128G is almost full for internal storage, however the space occupied by the list below is small.

Could you please help me to understand why and how to solve. Really appreciate your help.Screenshot_20200324-004540_Device care.jpg

Nikki

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Help please: diminishing internal storage

hi @Samsung_dwBChIG 

Some third-party applications as well as backups have hidden files that will not show up in my files app or in the device care app. My advice to you would be to do a smart switch to the available sd card and factory reset the phone you can pick and choose your data you want to restore and free up some space on the device itself. I hope this helps you if it does leave a like and marked as solved.

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 1.08.43 PM.png

Highlighted

thank you very much, Clarence. Will try your method!

Highlighted

Please, anyone could please help me with this? 

Again, this keep happening.

I freed up  24G  and now it is fill again.

The thing is I shoot videos and edited them and then delete all of them in camera folder and editor folder after I moved them to computer.

So, theoretically there is no much that was added in storage from what I know.

I also keep cleaning caches and trash emails and etc. 

This is like a black hole occupying all the storage. Please please anyone can help...

Highlighted

and just found out that it seems gallery takes 74g but I deleted most from internal camera folder. 

I then double checked the details of some pictures and it shows the location is sd card.

How then can it take up internal space, please? How can I stop it since those pictures are in sd cards.

Also, it still couldn't resolve another problem: if I shoot a video for example, and then delete it, the remaining space is still much lower than before.

Please help meSmiley Sad