cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Help please, no sound in video recording

Thank you for your time!

My task is to record a video playing music on digital piano.

Instead of using internal mic, I need to use aux connected to stereo phone jack of the piano.

I did use a adapter to 3.5mm and then a trs to trrs adapter in order to let the phone know it is for audio input.

It does work in one trial, and except for that one, it keeps using internal mic so no piano sound was recorded.

Tried many things such as keep checking connection and etc. It still didnt work. 

Since it works once, I think there is still hope it can work consistently.

Please please help!

Really appreciate it.

Nikki

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: Help please, no sound in video recording

Are you using a third party app to record or the built in app?

Highlighted

Hi Raymond, I am using the camera app (red colored) that comes with the phone at the beginning.

Thank you!

And  the voice recorder cant record the piano sound either.

Highlighted

If you are using a 3.5 mm jack adapter as a mic then make sure that its one that is microphone capable, meaning that the jack has the proper number of contacts. Most headphone jacks have just three contacts and headset jacks has 4 or more. If you use the wrong jack it won't make contact with the proper internal connectors and won't send the right signals to the phone. Your phone may think that earphones are plugged in when you're trying to plug in a mic. That may be why it worked once but not other time. You may have plugged it in just far enough to get the proper connections established. Make sure you are using a headset style adapter and not a headphone style adapter.

Highlighted

Thank you, Raymond, I am using the adapter that has 3 circles on the male side, and it has 2 female jack: one is mic one is for headphone. Is this what you mentioned? I made sure I connect to the mic jack. 

If there is a more appropriate product, could you please let me know the name or key words I need to search? Thank you!

Highlighted

I want to mention that the headset should be working since I used it to connect with external mic, it works.

Just had the problem when trying to record digital piano 

Thank you

Highlighted

You need an 3.5 mm adaptor that has 4 pins on the Male side. That is the one that would plug into the phone. Three pins is for headphones without a mic and four is for headsets with a mic. There are adaptors made for attaching an external mic to a phone. You'll probably need to buy one.

Highlighted

It looks like you're trying to connect a two pin jack from the keyboard to a four pin input on the phone. Is that correct?

Highlighted

I use the first one to connect my digital piano phone Jack and the second to connect it to my note 9. do you think it makes sense?

@Raymond_Swanson wrote:

It looks like you're trying to connect a two pin jack from the keyboard to a four pin input on the phone. Is that correct?

41s2iP6Mr0L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-195638_Gallery.jpg