Help with updating Note 9

How can i manualy update my note 9

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Help with updating Note 9

Hello!

I can understand wanting to make sure your device is up to date on the available software. You can check and download updates in different ways. One way you can update it is by going on your phone and navigate to Settings. From there tap on the magnifying glass and search for software update and select the check for update option. If the device is saying there are no available updates then it is up to date on the available software for it. Another way to update your device would be through Samsung Smart Switch. This can be downloaded from https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/app/smart-switch, once downloaded you will be able to connect your phone to the computer and check and download any available updates.

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted

you can download samsung Switch and check the software update there is a smart switch on the PC 

Matthew
Highlighted

Neither of which has worked on my phone, and on many other peoples phones since the update to 2.0 back at the first of the year.  

After months of trying, I finally took mine to a UbreakIfix and they did a factory reset to an updated  version.  After several more months, I finally gave up and ran ODIN on it and did another update.  Now, another security update is out and again, my phone refuses to see it.  

You'd think that after a complete factory reset it would correct the problem, but it hasn't.  And my carrier, AT&T is of no help whatsoever.  

My advise?  Try a UbreakIfix.  Make sure everything is backed up first.  They do a total Factory reset.