cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hoping someone can help with Android Auto

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, this is the message that I sent to the Developers and then found out it resulted in an automatic return with no help.  

Please help….

How can I get this… APP off my phone.  I have a 2016 Silverado truck.  When I got it, I had a Samsung Note 5.  I installed Android Auto on my phone and I had non-stop problems trying to get it to work through Bluetooth.  I finally gave up and uninstalled it. 

Recently, I upgraded to a Note 9, running One UI.  So I thought I’d try it again.  Installed it and tried again, through Bluetooth.  Again, terrible performance.  Couldn’t get anything done through my phone.  Uninstalled again. 

Decided to try one more time, this time, connecting through the USB port.  FINALLY got something out of it.  The screen in my truck came up with the music that I was streaming from my phone to my truck and the quality was far superior to wireless connection.  So as I was driving to work, I connected my phone to my truck and was listening to my music on the way in. 

On my display, I had questions starting to appear.  My phone GPS was asking do you want to go here?  No.  Do you want to go over here?  Again, No.  What about over here?  NO!  You called this guy 2 weeks ago, do you want to call him again?  NO!  What about this person?  NO..  You want to call your wife?  NO!  And all this while I am driving down the road.  I finally just turned everything off.  I deleted Android App.  When I deleted the app, I rebooted the phone, cleared the cache, deleted the cache partition on my phone and hard booted it.  I get home later and search online and find that I can’t disable the GPS in my phone from Android Auto.  I don’t have unlimited Data.  I have a perfectly good Garmin GPS in my truck so I don’t need my phone telling me where to go. 

This morning, I get in my truck and my phone connect through Bluetooth and plays my music.  I wanted a better quality so I connected the USB cable back.  I get a notice on my phone.  “Do you want to set up Android Auto?”  Amazing since I’d already deleted the app.  I say no and my phone streams my music all the way to work perfectly. 

I come home from work.  I get in my truck.  No music.  No Bluetooth connection.  My truck sees my phone, but nothing streaming from it.  I connect my USB Cable.  “Do you want to set up Android Auto”?  NO!  Nothing works.  My phone says that it’s streaming music, but nothing coming out of my phone or my speakers.  I pair and unpair my phone from my truck a dozen times.  I reconnect my USB and every time, I get “Do you want to set up Android Auto” even though it’s been uninstalled.  I rebooted my phone and still, nothing. 

When I got home, I took everything back to scratch.  No app, hard reboot, delete cache partition, kill and restart my truck, unpair my phone from my truck and pair it again.  Suddenly I find my phone playing one song and my truck playing another. 

All I want it to be able to connect my phone, to my truck and play my music through my USB connection.  MAYBE if possible, make phone calls from my truck and answer my phone.  WITHOUT my phones GPS being involved. 

Is this possible?  If not, how can I completely delete the app from my phone and not have it pop up every time? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Hoping someone can help with Android Auto

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I do not own the truck but had similar issues with my car. See if you can search for Android Auto under settings on your car. There should be an option to disable it. Let me know how it goes.

Sidd

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I do not own the truck but had similar issues with my car. See if you can search for Android Auto under settings on your car. There should be an option to disable it. Let me know how it goes.

Sidd

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out have you disabled android auto on the car itself?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dang, I love this group.  I am one of the rare ones.  I read my owners manual.  I even have it on my phone in PDF form.  I never thought about that.  I found it and turned it off.  Then after more experiments and playing with it, I figured out my problem.  I was trying to play my music from my phone USING the player app.  Finally dawned on me that I didn't need the app, that the truck was playing the music.  Much clearer and better than using the phone to provide it.  I had to unpair and pair again to get everything up and running.  

I wish I could give both of you the credit for the solution.  Thank you both very much.  I won't have to throw my phone out the window.  LOL.. 

@SamsungZell  @sidd Smiley Very Happy

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Big-Bad-Brad, Awesome glad to hear that you were able to resolve your concerns and You are very welcome. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well... it worked... for a bit..  LOL.. it fixed my bug with Android Auto (thank you thank you thank you), But my music still won't play over usb.  Well, sorta.  Sometimes it does, some times it don't.  And the times that it don't, I don't get music from either one.  So I've given up.  I loaded my music on a flash drive and it seems to work... for now.  LOL... but I still appreciate the help is stopping AA...