cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Hotspot wifi sharing android 10

After upgrading note 9 to android 10, I lost the option to share wifi over hotspot, which is still available on my note 8.

Am I missing something here?

I have family sharing, which doesn't seem to help, as it doesn't connect other devices. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hotspot wifi sharing android 10

Same problem on note 10+ tried numerous fixes to no avail

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Check Settings -> Connections -> "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering". You should find the "Mobile Hotspot" option. Is that not appearing for you?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@LongHiker wrote:

Check Settings -> Connections -> "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering". You should find the "Mobile Hotspot" option. Is that not appearing for you?

Hotspotis working fine, the issue is, if you enable wifi, it prompts you to turn off hotspot.

Unlike in Android 9, where you can have both working, and then you can also enable wifi sharing, so that all of my devices would use both mobile data and wifi from my phone. 

So sad that it didn't carry on to android 10... thank god my note 8 is not updated to android 10

Highlighted
Asteroid

Found out that the reason it wasn't there was the use of the Beta image Android 10. once I updated to the official ROM, the option was back (adb sideloading...  jumped from SKH, 3more updates and then arriced at DSLA

Highlighted
Constellation

I thought it was gone as well.  They just moved the menu to select wifi sharing.  Now at Settings - Connections - Mobile Hotspot and Tethering - Mobile Hotspot and then select the three menu buttons in upper right - Wi-Fi sharing - On