cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_WYmIAlh
Astronaut

How do I stop pocket dialing people

Literally everytime I am texting with someone, i pocket dial them. Could it be when i have their conversation open in my texts that there is a motion i am making with the phone or something that dials that person? Am I the only one with this issue. It's becoming embarrassing as it happens multiple times a day to everyone I'm texting. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung_8w99N3B
Astronaut

Mine does this all the time as well. It calls them if I l...

Mine does this all the time as well. It calls them if I leave the text convo open and lower my phone, I've noticed.

slyugo
Constellation

Could be Direct Call? Go to Settings, Advanced Features,...

Could be Direct Call?

Go to Settings, Advanced Features, Motion and Gestures to see if it is enabled.

Re: Could be Direct Call? Go to Settings, Advanced Features,...

This.. Disabling direct call should dailing from message screen. Disable "lift to wake "and "double tap to wake" in settings / advanced features / motions and gestures if you still have pocket dails

user1LJwk6ET7S
Astronaut

Put the lock on your phone

Put the lock on your phone

Samsung_0q37FPq
Constellation

I called technical support for the same issue. It's becau...

I called technical support for the same issue. It's because there is a setting that allows calls when your phone is in a position that seems like it's at your face. I couldn't find it myself but it took TS to find it in a couple minutes. I'd suggest doing that. Saves me a lot of embarrassing calls.

Highlighted

Re: I called technical support for the same issue. It's becau...

For others out there.  Settings > Advanced Features > Motions and Gestures > Direct Call.  Turn this off.