cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheRetrokid
Asteroid

How much has your battery degraded in the year you've owned your N9?

I only charge my phone to 80% and plug it in when it reaches 30%. Using the Accubattery app, it says that my battery still has 94% of it's maximum capacity...meaning that instead of holding a 4000mah total charge, it's now only capable of a 3757mah charge. Does anybody else monitor their battery health, and if so, how's your battery after a year's use?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: How much has your battery degraded in the year you've owned your N9?

My s9 is says its at 94%... got it used on ebay so not sure what it started at. Haven't even had it for a year

TheRetrokid
Asteroid

What's your charging routine? Do you charge to 100% then let it run till close to empty every day? Does it charge overnight?

EmpwredDesigner
Cosmic Ray

I always fully charge and run my battery down as low as possible. Usually when my app says 15% battery life and I have no issues with mine. Do you close unused apps and restart your device at least 1x a week?

TheRetrokid
Asteroid

@EmpwredDesigner I have all those things set up to do every other day while I'm sleeping. I never charge overnight either. I'm just wondering how much of an impact being so meticulous with battery actually makes in the span of the phone's first year.

EmpwredDesigner
Cosmic Ray

@TheRetrokid I never charge over night. I've read of phones overcharging at night and getting to hot. So I only charge when my batt is critically low. And I do often let it fie completely. As a computer/electronic nerd. Its actually pretty good to let them die on occasion and fully recharge. Also, I try my best not to use my device when its charging. Maybe you have a faulty battery. I've been there. My carrier usually replaces for free if that's the case and it's fairly new. And some can even check the battery. Worth checking out Smiley Happy

AlienBae
Asteroid

Where did you go to get the accubattery app?

grosa196059
Cosmic Ray

I also use Accubattey at 80% and 20% no issues with the note 9. I had the galaxy S7 prior for 2 years. Battery performed just as well. The key is the charging cycle and trying to be consistent with it.

grosa196059
Cosmic Ray

Accubattey app is at the Google play store.

TheRetrokid
Asteroid

I think the only problem with maintaining your battery is the loss of convenience you get from starting the day at 100% and not having to charge once until late at night. Now I have to micro charge at least twice a day in order to stay between 30 and 80 percent.