cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userF1PX1QrnXt
Constellation

How to restore music from factory reset?

Today I had to do a factory reset because my note 9 would not make calls. I backed up what I thought was everything, evidently I didn't back up my music. Is there anyway I can restore my music? I also need to figure out how to restore my apps but I'm more interested in getting my music back, I had about 1000 songs in google play! 

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How to restore music from factory reset?

Ok sorry to hear you lost your Music @userF1PX1QrnXt lets try this to see if you can get it back go into settings of the phone and scroll down to accounts and backup then click accounts and scroll down to your Samsung account then click services and scroll down to samsung cloud click the icon and then scroll down to restore data then you should be able to restore what you want by check marking the items if it was backed up to the samsung cloud 

for your app they should auto restore as soon as you sign into your Google Account hope this helps you solve your problem and get everything back 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
userF1PX1QrnXt
Constellation

Gary, I tried those and neither worked. I thought there use to be an option where you could go back a day or 2 to restore your phone? Or was that option

@GaryB82 wrote:

Ok sorry to hear you lost your Music @userF1PX1QrnXt lets try this to see if you can get it back go into settings of the phone and scroll down to accounts and backup then click accounts and scroll down to your Samsung account then click services and scroll down to samsung cloud click the icon and then scroll down to restore data then you should be able to restore what you want by check marking the items if it was backed up to the samsung cloud 

for your app they should auto restore as soon as you sign into your Google Account hope this helps you solve your problem and get everything back 

on a desk top computer? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

I cant recall that option you are referring to the only option that i know of to restore your phone is either through the Samsung Cloud or with a computer using Smart Switch but they only work if you have a backup copy on the cloud or on your computer 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Highlighted
Samsung_sbJv8x5
Astronaut

You have to sign in with your Samsung account abd back up...

You have to sign in with your Samsung account abd back up all data

Comet

This was on Google Play? You should be able to sign back in to your account and see(and likely redownload) all your music and apps. Google still knows you paid for it.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userF1PX1QrnXt Sorry about that i completely missed the part about the Google Play part of your message and again i want to say im sorry for missing that @TheDaniel is correct you should only need to sign into google Thank you @TheDaniel

Note 9 User