cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Huawei Watch 2 - no phone calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last summer I purchased a Huawei Watch 2, and paired it with my Note 4.  All worked fine.  This past November I upgraded to the Note 9, and the phone connection to the watch has been very spotty at best.  Most recently, even after doing a complete reset on the Watch it will not take phone calls.  The setting on the phone is set to play phone audio on the watch, and the phone shows call audio allowed to play on the watch.  I get all text messages, Facebook messages, calender alerts, etc.  However when I get a phone call it does not go to the watch.  I've also tried to initiate an outgoing call on the watch, and it immediately goes to the phone.

Has anyone had a similar problem with this watch and the Note 9?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark B
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Huawei Watch 2 - no phone calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mark2968 Ok, If you have made sure that the software on the phone is up to date, reconnected, and reset your watch. Then we recommend reaching out to the watch manufacturer.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user32dsQiYzAJ Have you made sure that your note 9 is up to date?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, the Note 9 is up to date.

Mark B
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Mark2968 Ok, If you have made sure that the software on the phone is up to date, reconnected, and reset your watch. Then we recommend reaching out to the watch manufacturer.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I've tried to to a complete reset on the watch more than once.  I've contacted Huawei and they are preparing to have me send it in for service.

Mark B
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It seems there is no solution. I sent the watch to Huawei. They sent me a completely new watch. After going through the setup and pairing, as well as an automatic Gear OS update the problem remains. So, the only reasonable conclusion is that there is an incompatibility between the Note 9 and the Huawei Watch 2. I suppose the other possibility is the Note 9 is somehow defective, but that seems less likely.
Mark B
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Bigchowder84 wrote:

Yes

"Yes" what?   Yes, you've had this happen also?  If so was there a solution and if so what was it?

Mark B
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a Galaxy 7 J and it could do everything except make phone calls and texting, they customer service couldn't find the problem. So they sent me a Galaxy J3 yea whoopi and it did the same thing after a whole night of calling & playing with it I managed to get it working but with a different number. You might try the switch number routine it might work!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung_ZkFhcVS wrote:

I purchased a Galaxy 7 J and it could do everything except make phone calls and texting, they customer service couldn't find the problem. So they sent me a Galaxy J3 yea whoopi and it did the same thing after a whole night of calling & playing with it I managed to get it working but with a different number. You might try the switch number routine it might work!

Are you talking about just the phone, or the phone linked to the Huawei Watch 2?  Doesn't really help me either way; I'd like to hear from people using the Note 9 and this particular watch.

Mark B