Original topic:

I just purchased the Galaxy Note 9any suggestions?

(Topic created on: 12/20/20 9:38 AM)
Queendea
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
I'm upgrading from my galaxy Note 8, to the note 9 which I really love.  I wanted to benefit from some of the improved features on the phone. Does anyone have any suggestions that I might benefit from. 
17 Replies
Options
Note 9
have had and used the 8 for years know it inside out, what improved features on the 9 your looking at benefitting from vs the 8's version or that it don't have? or you just looking for new goodies to play with!
Queendea
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
I love the Galaxy 8 I've had it for almost 2 years now. I did a little research on the the Galaxy 9 and it has a longer battery life and the pen works more like a wireless remote. It has it's own battery. I'm able to use it to take pictures. It's also useful for other things on the phone. I didn't upgrade to the Galaxy Note 20 because I really liked the features on the note 9.
Options
Note 9
my 8 I've used for years and I use now as my back up phone and linking for my note 20 ultra... has a data only plan currently till att enables its eSIM for Samsung so I can get the better discount. looks brand new still and runs games great especially since its bare bones factory native apps and some games. my spen split in half and got stuck in the phone for ever.. the pen for pictures is my go to selection for the button instead of the side key on the eight. have an external mount for taking pictures... portable shutter in your hand... dex interface for like slideshows... the Bluetooth spen is a must check out feature all of them, its definitely improved from the 8. 3300 to 3500 decent noticeable battery life upgrade which is always good IMO. default double the storage over the 8 with 128gb... for me if in your situation, benefit would be larger profile set ups using full apps and not low memory ones. I'm not a big camera guy but the last feature to check out... flaw detection in the pictures. there are some more though most are niche like wireless charging hub, no dock dex, ect.. a few different or changed dev options if use them but nothing huge.
Queendea
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
Wow...you're very knowledgeable:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: thanks for the information. Sorry about your spen:o may I ask what that happened? I definitely can benefit from the double storage. My phone constantly sends notifications because my storage space is low. The battery life on the note 9 is about 4000. I don't usually use my phone to play games but I will be trying it out this time around.
Options
Note 9
well you can see the difference in the spen up grades construction right? it's should be sturdier and feel more ridged in your hand over the standard one in the 8. you can see a noticeable difference just by putting the side by side, should be able too anyway. I'll post a picture of a side by side view of my split note 8 normal spen and the note 20 ultra spen. you'll be able to see the upgraded spen is a single seamless construction and that the 8 was 2 pieces. right where they were assembled is where it broke and just broke in my hand during normal use a few years after purchase... I had my use multiple spen feature on and reinsert the two pieces so wouldn't lose them... only the smalle piece with the push button release came back out... come to find out, later, the multiple spen input whether there's one inserted or not, can use the phones own spen internal lock and almost forcibly lock and hold inserted spens if needed.... mine did, for months, then one day it just fell out. still works, s button still works, I still use it so...
Options
Note 9
****promised photo****

clipboard_image_1608577798484_1608577798484.jpg

shell1126
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
we need to make our community better in our country and world so just text for any questions
shell1126
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
I love this app too
Queendea
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
I agree with you :smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: I just discovered this app...so far so good 👍🏾:smiling_face_with_smiling_eyes: