cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_hQ32SmB
Constellation

I'm Not Happy

Hello

Every time an update is sent, I'm noticing issues with my phone. When I had my Note 2 and just loving it, until updates messages pops up, so there I go doing what is requested, until so many updates needed over the years, my phone stop working, so after reporting it, I was given a Note 5 and once again loving it as I did the note 2, after several years of updating the software, I  run into the same issue.

I report it and they began to trouble shoot it and it was not fix, sooooooooooooo, I get another Note 5 in replace of my old one.

So now I get a REFURBISHED one that’s supposing to be just as good, so now I'm frustrated and decided to just purchase another phone, in which it brought me to this question??????

Why is it, that every time and update is sent out to our cellphone, I'm always noticing a change on my screen, things seem to run slow.

I've recently noticed buffering now, when my Bluetooth is connected, when using headset as well as Bluetooth speakers, there's a pause or a break, in other words, the music stop and goes back to playing.

I'm Not Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I'm Not Happy

@Samsung_hQ32SmB I am sorry to hear this story but I hope I can help with a tips. Although, android has many features and specs it also requires a few tips to help improve the system.

First, everytime you update a phone and you start having issues right away, you need to clear the cache partition. Cache partition stores data from previous software so if you install the new software the old cache will interfere with the new software and this will cause issues although it rarely happen but this is just in case.

Second, if you are having issues every single time you update a phone you might also need to update the phone using SmartSwitch PC software. This software will allow you to update the full software uncompressed data. The OTA update is compressed data which you might have issues with after the update but it rarely happen.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Honored Contributor

@Samsung_hQ32SmB wrote:

Hello

Every time an update is sent, I'm noticing issues with my phone. When I had my Note 2 and just loving it, until updates messages pops up, so there I go doing what is requested, until so many updates needed over the years, my phone stop working, so after reporting it, I was given a Note 5 and once again loving it as I did the note 2, after several years of updating the software, I  run into the same issue.

I report it and they began to trouble shoot it and it was not fix, sooooooooooooo, I get another Note 5 in replace of my old one.

So now I get a REFURBISHED one that’s supposing to be just as good, so now I'm frustrated and decided to just purchase another phone, in which it brought me to this question??????

Why is it, that every time and update is sent out to our cellphone, I'm always noticing a change on my screen, things seem to run slow.

I've recently noticed buffering now, when my Bluetooth is connected, when using headset as well as Bluetooth speakers, there's a pause or a break, in other words, the music stop and goes back to playing.

I'm Not Happy

I am actually the opposite.  Every time my phone gets updated, I am happy to know that device is still supported and might get update new feature and performance improvements.  I never has issues with any of my phone after updates - maybe I know how to keep my devices in the best possible shape, don't know...

What @RedDragon wrote, does make sense.  Normally we(users) shouldn't really have to "wipe cache" after updates, but... I had a friend who had his original OnePlus phone for few years and over this period of time, his phone got multiple OTA udates.  One day he complained that his phone is slow and he showed me how slow it was.  His storage cache was over 1GB, but since after Android 6 or so, we can't clean cache of the storage.  So we wipe cache partition instead Smiley Happy

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Charkatak Thanks been using Android 2.2 froyo way back in 2010 I believe so i have learned troubleshooting quite a few along the way.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Honored Contributor

@RedDragon wrote:

@Charkatak Thanks been using Android 2.2 froyo way back in 2010 I believe so i have learned troubleshooting quite a few along the way.

Nice!  I remember standing in line in front of T-Mobile store to get my hands on HTC G1 phone which probably had Android 1.5.  Was an interestin device with slideout keyboard.