Original topic:

Issue with Headphone Jack

(Topic created: 08-19-2019 06:23 AM)
user1mpq3jQGwq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey, all,

Whenever I have headphones plugged in to my Note 9, things just start happening that I am not doing myself. If I'm watching a youtube video, the video will minimize by itself, the volume will go up and down, the video will change to another video, google assistant will pop up, all by themselves. This started a few weeks ago. I've had the phone since about December. It's only when headphones are plugged in. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user1mpq3jQGwq this is probably being caused by a 3rd party app. Does this issue also occur when you place the phone into safe mode? (Bring up the power menu and press+hold the Power off key until safe mode appears).

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@user1mpq3jQGwq this is probably being caused by a 3rd party app. Does this issue also occur when you place the phone into safe mode? (Bring up the power menu and press+hold the Power off key until safe mode appears).

user1mpq3jQGwq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It doesn't seem to happen when my phone is in safe mode. How do I figure out what app is causing it?

Thank you!

0 Likes
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You would need to check your application list to see the most recent installed applications, and you would need to remove applications until you find the culprit. 

I recommend removing an application and then testing if the issue persists.

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MrZell is right; you basically have to just choose one and test it out. If this issue started happening recently I would check with your most recent app downloads. Hope you can catch the culprit!