cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FruityxLoops88
Constellation

Kids mode update kids mode gone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My daughter uses my kids mode on my note 9. Yesterday when she clicked on it it said needed to update or cancel so I updated. It finished once finished it disappeared from my home screen but I could still find it in my apps menu it had a different icon I clicked on it but it wouldn't open clicked it a few more times nothing then it disappeared. Like gone vanished poof thin air gone tried searching only thing comes up are files in my storage where it had been on my phone. Contacted support but it didn't get me anywhere but in the middle I got a notification that said critical something was being preformed and is still there but doesn't say what it is

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Kids mode update kids mode gone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you checked the new location of kids mode in the quick menu settings when you swipe your notification panel down? You should see it once you swipe over to the options that are available such as Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.

Please reach back out to us and let us know if this addresses your concerns

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

7 REPLIES 7
FruityxLoops88
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also don't know if it makes a difference but my phone just updated to pie three days ago

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you checked the new location of kids mode in the quick menu settings when you swipe your notification panel down? You should see it once you swipe over to the options that are available such as Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.

Please reach back out to us and let us know if this addresses your concerns

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user18V108jxXT
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s8 updated on April 28th and we also had the same exact problem with kids mode we use it every day I'm really upset that it's gone did you find a solution?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Check the new location of kids mode in the quick menu settings when you swipe your notification panel down. You should see it once you swipe over to the options that are available such as Bluetooth, Wifi, etc.

userOPf4C5HHRB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a S8 and kids home is not in my quick menu. My kids used Kids home all the time and now since the update i can't find it. I only have kids home installer in my app list but nothing in my quick menu.

Please help.

userOPf4C5HHRB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Found a solution after I asked the question.  As the kids home button does not automatically appear on my quick menu. I had to add that manually.  1. Scroll down quick menu. 2. Click on 3 little dots on the right hand side. 3. Click on button order. 4. Drag kids home icon onto quick menu.  Now you are done.

userNd0d6sqbTQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue on current generation Galaxy Tab A. 

The quick menu solution works great for us but if you would like kids mode icon to return then you can do the following:

Once in kids mode,

1. Tap on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner and go into parental controls and enter pin no.

2. Click onto the 3 dots again and go into settings.

3. Enable option 'Add Samsung kids home icon'.

This will display the icon as it once was prior to the update. Just find the screen it shows up on and move it to you desired screen.

If kids mode has timed out just access parental mode through the parent icon in the top left and follow steps 2 and 3.

My guess is that this should also probably work on any Samsung device that had kids mode and upgraded to Android 9 pie.

Hope this helps.