JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lost secure folder files after overnight factory reset

(Topic created: 03-03-2020 03:17 PM)
userD5Dw1eUGlZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My phone did a factory reset overnight. I had to start over, get s my apps back at! I used SECURE FOLDER for important papers, passwords etc and ALL my files are GONE! I called Samsung, I was told with the recent update Samsung opted NOT to continue some applications. Then why is the folder there still? Yet they can permanently DELETE my IMPORTANT INFORMATION?????

I've always had Samsung phones, this was WRONG of Samsung.....May need to switch to Apple!!

Very unhappy Samsung user!

17 Replies
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Go ahead. Apple likes you kind of people.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
userD5Dw1eUGlZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Well aren't you're helpful!

0 Likes
TheDaniel
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You want helpful?

Did you tell the Samsung cloud to back these up?

Did you keep a copy of these offline? Like an email or usb?

Are you sure you're using the same work profile that was logged in before?

But if you just want to come here to complain and threaten to complain to someone else, I wont argue.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

First of all, please don't shout at us. It's annoying and serves no purpose.

Second, Secure Folder is still supported. Samsung tech support is not a reliable source of information.

However, the contents of a Secure Folder are irretrievably deleted when you do a factory reset.

Sorry for your loss of important data. But data can always disappear for a variety of reasons. The more important your data is, the more important it is to back it up if you don't want to lose it.

Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Have you previously run a back up of the Secure folder files before the reset occured?

In your secure folder, you can back up the data to be able to restore in the case of a factory reset.

The only way to return the data would be to restore from a back up.

Hope this finds you well

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That is really a poor solution for anyone. Do the developers ever look past their noses and see what problems they cause before releasing an update. I just went to retrieve a document from the secure folder on my S9 and not only was it not there neither was any of my secured item. Andriod/google are notorious for messing with the consumers. This just happened after the last update. Needless to say, the app is a loser. Why should I have to back up to the cloud, that just more stuff that hackers have access to and more of my info that can be snooped on. If anyone thinks otherwise, then they need to rethink they way privacy has gone to you know where since congress repealed the privacy act.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@MrZell wrote:

Have you previously run a back up of the Secure folder files before the reset occured?

In your secure folder, you can back up the data to be able to restore in the case of a factory reset.

The only way to return the data would be to restore from a back up.

Hope this finds you well

^SamsungZell

This is not a solution.  The thing is to move all your items in out of the security folder to SIMM then do the update. If the update occurred while you were asleep that tells me you ignored the update longer than allowed, so really that's your fault. However, on several occasions, in the past and with the last update the info was removed from my Security folder (but I had a backup elsewhere).  After an update the very first thing you see is a nagging reminder to check the Security folder. Why? I don't have to because I already know they removed my info. Then you're bugged with constant prompts to check your secure folder after the update. I think after about the 3rd or 4th time it finally stops prompting you. It happened on my old tablet as well, but that's gone now so I dont'have to worry about that. People don't want to use any cloud features for the same reason I don't. Since the privacy act was repealed after the last election everyone wants a slice of your information.  So I don't use it anymore. 

0 Likes
userwBKh5ItTjM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Did u get any solution by this comment please reply me again  I too lost my photos n etc say me 

0 Likes
userOiUvJVtmk9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

It would be nice to know that the folder is not including in a google back up!  I have avoided using Samsung accounts and apps and this just reenforces that sentiment!  UGH.  I thought it was just a file in my files.  Didn't know I needed to treat it like a princess!!!!!