cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Let us set a default snooze amount of time in Reminder app settings

Right now when you go to the notifications in your status bar and snooze a reminder I only see this for 15 minutes period Please let us change this setting or even better let us pick the amount of time when we push news let a little pop-up box let us pick the amount of minutes or hours or week that we'd like to snooze it for. 

15 minutes is not what people always need to snooze for. If we want to snooze it for a different amount of time, we have to click on the reminder open it push edit and then create a new due date AND time which is too much work, especially if busy at work & need to quickly remind ourself something at an exact time that day or maybe next week. 
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Let us set a default snooze amount of time in Reminder app settings

I'm able to choose different snooze increments on my Note 9.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

no way, how?
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

for the reminders app? in the status bar or notifications? you know how you can swipe down and it'll say complete or edit or snooze? that's what I'm talking about where you can push snooze and then it only snoozes every 15 minutes it doesn't give you an option to choose how long you want it to snooze for. also there's no settings for it either.

I also have a note 10 plus 5g. right now I'm using the note 9 because my Note 10 has a cracked screen but I'll be fixing it soon.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Let us set a default snooze amount of time in Reminder app settings

I'm definitely sure there's a small button to tap next to the "15 minute" snooze and I've pushed it up to an hour or more. I used it about month ago to remind myself to make a phone call but I was busy at work and kept snoozing to another hour ahead.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

So, I must apologize to you! 😂

Like I said hours ago, it's been a while since I used any phone reminders. I actually had to set one up for myself tonight. The alarm went off, and you're right, there's no option to extend the snooze past 15 minutes. I'm guessing this is a pretty recent change. I definitely remember being able to change the snooze time increments about a month ago.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Well, you won't believe this, but I just had a reminder pop up on my screen a minute ago. It took up the whole phone screen, and I was able to choose longer snooze intervals!!

The reminder from last night only appeared as a small box on top of my screen, and I certainly wasn't able to snooze past 15 minutes. Just now, I saw that I could even set the snooze for 5 or 10 minutes. I'm gonna look into all this!
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Let us set a default snooze amount of time in Reminder app settings

right you can snooze it with the cool new thing where the reminder covers your whole screen which is actually a very good thing and that is exactly why I use the Samsung calendar and Samsung reminders app versus Google because the whole screen alert allows you to choose snooze for both calendar and reminders app. it's also good because when you see the full screen alert you have no choice but to look at it and choose to either mark it done or snooze it. if it's just this slight pop-up at the top of the screen it's very easy to overlook on an accident.

thank you for your help though I appreciate you telling me that you used to be able to do it. Samsung updates and makes changes all the time and sometimes they're further worst. like this time where they no longer let you snooze for a certain amount of time from the notifications bar.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: Re: Let us set a default snooze amount of time in Reminder app settings

I also use the Samsung calendar because it lets you write on it too which is very cool so anytime you open the calendar you simply push the pencil button and then you can start circling things that are important or putting a line through things or circling an entire week to let you know it's a busy week or vacation week. AND it shows all reminders from the Samsung Reminders app on the Samsung calendar for that day. the Samsung calendar app is way better than Google the only thing that I like about the Google calendar is that you can add Google hangouts or Google meet to your calendar event so if you need to video call somebody for the event you can just click it right from the calendar . like when you create a calendar event in Google it ask if you want to use Google meat or Google Hangouts video chat for the event, you click yes and then when it sends the event to whoever you invite on the event it sends them a link and they click it and it automatically calls you via Google hangouts or Google meet video chat. other than that the Samsung calendar is way better. I ONLY use Google calendar if I need to add some kind of video chat to the event. and the Samsung calendar widget is better too it even shows the handwriting things that you circled or crossed out on the widget. and it has night/day view (if u like to turn ur screen black at night time then back to white at dating m daytime, the widgets will follow suit) and you can change the settings of the widget. Google widgets don't do that.