cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkm7OthcwtR
Astronaut

Locked out. opted to use finger print to open phone. Now locked out due to passcode

Locked phone. I did the fingerprint option to open phone. Evidently I did not read closely enough to know that if/when I did not particularly note the pass code in addition, I would be locked out forever.

I am told that I have to register with Samsund on the phone device in order to register; if I am locked out, how do I register. Catch 22!! I was further advised that if Samsung unlocks, all my pictures, contacts will be forever lost.

Question: If i remove the sim card, etc in the back of the phone and THEN have it unlocked by Samsung, and return the sim card, etc, will I have saved contacts, pictures, etc.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks,

Wanda Hedenberg

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Locked out. opted to use finger print to open phone. Now locked out due to passcode

If you have your important items backed up to the SIM card, your plan to remove it first then do the reset would work. However, if the important items are saved directly to the phone's internal memory, then unfortunately the plan would not work and the items would be wiped anyways. I've had it happen to me before on my old S8, it was not fun to lose everything I had but I now back-up everything to a cloud account to ensure its not lost again. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this causes. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Honored Contributor

Re: Locked out. opted to use finger print to open phone. Now locked out due to passcode

@userkm7OthcwtR wrote:

Locked phone. I did the fingerprint option to open phone. Evidently I did not read closely enough to know that if/when I did not particularly note the pass code in addition, I would be locked out forever.

I am told that I have to register with Samsund on the phone device in order to register; if I am locked out, how do I register. Catch 22!! I was further advised that if Samsung unlocks, all my pictures, contacts will be forever lost.

Question: If i remove the sim card, etc in the back of the phone and THEN have it unlocked by Samsung, and return the sim card, etc, will I have saved contacts, pictures, etc.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks,

Wanda Hedenberg

See if this can help you:

Samsung Find My Mobile:
https://findmymobile.samsung.com/