cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user15AnQbJJJN
Constellation

Losing network connectivity 3-4 times a day

Since I have updated on Superbowl Sunday my phone will lose its connectivity 3-4 times a day. It doesnt matter if I am on wifi or the AT&T network, I will lose connectivity all together. No apps work, chrome wont work, I wont receive emails etc.

It has been a huge pain. No matter how long I let it sit, I will not regain connectivity unless I restart my phone. 

I have tried reseting my network connections, moving from airplane mode and back,  all the way to factory reset yesterday and it still continues.

Has anyone else had this issue? It just started after the update. I am standing on the edge here.

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Losing network connectivity 3-4 times a day

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, However we would recommend reaching out to AT&T directly as they control your mobile network in your area, If the phone is able to connect at all, and then disconnects it could be a signal issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user15AnQbJJJN
Constellation

Thanks, but note this is on home wifi as well as cellular

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The cellular data issue will need to be addressed by the carrier. Your wifi, however we would like to complete some additional troubleshooting steps on it.

We want to have you reset all your network settings, here is a step by step on completing this step.

The Reset network settings option allows your phone to reset Wi-Fi, Mobile data, and Bluetooth to their initial states. Follow the steps below to reset network settings.

1. Navigate to Apps > Settings.
  2. Search for and select Reset network settings.
  3. Touch RESET SETTINGS.
    Reset Network Settings

4. After trying this, reach back out to us and we will set you up for service if issue is not resolved!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user15AnQbJJJN
Constellation

Thanks-

I already reset the network settings.

I went as far as a factory reset, I am on the phone with AT&T as wee speak so hopefully I get this resolved and give you an update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for confirming that information and the factory data reset. We will be on standby if you do need further assistance and we will be happy to help!

user15AnQbJJJN
Constellation

No prob.

They sent me an update while my phone was off and had me reset the network setings one more time. I will update later today.

Thanks

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are very welcome, Thank you for keeping us in the loop and being the best part of Samsung!

user15AnQbJJJN
Constellation

Quick update.

They AT&T resolution didn't fix the problem but I turned off power saving mode and I have not had the issue since early yesterday. I want to test this a little longer but it may be the issue after the pie update
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@user15AnQbJJJN wrote:
Quick update.

They AT&T resolution didn't fix the problem but I turned off power saving mode and I have not had the issue since early yesterday. I want to test this a little longer but it may be the issue after the pie update

Since you already factory reset the device it should be fresh new software but have you tried to connect to another wifi? maybe the router or the internet is having an issue. For the mobile part did you power cycle the sim card take out the sim card for a minute or two then reconnect it and double check if apn setting is correct?