cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulj1054
Asteroid

Low light Flash photos are foggy with very poor exposure

I've looked all over the internet, I've watched every YouTube video and I've scoured the Samsung Members app reading through all possible articles and forum posts that relate and after more than 2 weeks of searching, I'm unable to find any answers that mention, let alone address my low light, flash photography issue. When taking low light flash photographs with my Note 9s native camera and app and shooting with both the Priority as well as Manual modes, both yeilding the same poor results, furthermore, also in each shooting mode setting the flash on auto as well as manual mode yielding no improvement or differentiation between poor images. I've been a photographer for over 35 years and I'm very well versed with photography,electronics maybe even Samsung UI Expert statusSmiley Happy and I cannot figure out this issue. I've u installed and reinstalled the camera app with no change or improvements. After looking at my devices flash up close with a magnifying glass the flash is not broken or cracked in any way. I'm using a clear soft shell case in which I've taken off and it makes no difference in the result. I also have a glass camera screen protector that sits directly over the 2 lenses and is cut out around the flash and the 3 heartrate sensors directly to the left of the flash and the edge of the glass protector is placed perfectly not interfering with 1.5mm of clearance all the way around the flash. Pls. advise pics attached I would greatly appreciate help.. Thank you in advance

Paul Cutrona
4 REPLIES 4
Mari_K
Halo

Have you removed the glass protector over the camera lens...

Have you removed the glass protector over the camera lenses? I'm just thinking maybe when the flash goes off, it's hitting that small lip around your camera's screen protector and making the screen protector reflect the flash a little.

Paulj1054
Asteroid

I Haven't but if I'm unable to get results in 24 hours I...

I Haven't but if I'm unable to get results in 24 hours I will do so and order a replacement. I'm ocd about keeping things perfect so the camera lense protector is important to me so long as it's not causing any problems the issue. Mari_K this is the first time I've posted and when I double checked my post I was unable to find the two images that I had attached for reference. Were you able to see these two images and reference them? It's not the two images or attached to this reply or at least I'm going to try like I did on my original post so you can see the severity of the incorrect exposure because of the Flash. I mention this because this only seem to happen after the one UI update and I just find it so unbelievable that the camera glass protector it doesn't even cover the flash but is 1 1/2 mm recessed around the Flash is the cause I just find it hard to believe but I appreciate everything you mentioned and like I said in 24 hours if I don't have a solution I will be ripping that off.

Paul Cutrona
Paulj1054
Asteroid

Please let me know if in my post the 2 images for referen...

Please let me know if in my post the 2 images for reference are attached as on my end I am unable to see the 2 images that is attached to the original post as well as To Mary_Ks greatly appreciated reply.

Paul Cutrona
Highlighted
Mari_K
Halo

Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm at work and just got on break to se...

Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm at work and just got on break to see your replies... No, I do not see your pics attached in the original post.

I bring up the screen protector because you said it only covers the lenses and not the flash, so that could cause a problem like I said earlier, whereas if you had the lense protector that covers the entire area including the flash? Maybe it would work better? I never cover my lenses with anything, just use a case and I've never had problems with photos.