Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

MM Sim 1 Not Allowed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys,

I've searched everywhere for a solution, including Samsung support and my telco, no joy.

My sim slot 1 has a problem. I've switched sim cards, safe mode, network reset, software updates, airplane mode on/off, restart, power on/off. There's no issue with the sim cards. They work on sim slot 2. This has been going on for 2 months.

Can't seem to find a fix anywhere online as well.

Last discussion with samsung support, they asked me to do a factory reset and if it doesn't work, to walk in a service centre. A factory reset isn't an option for at least a month, which is why I haven't done it yet.

Anyone seen this issue before?

Any assistance is much appreciated

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: MM Sim 1 Not Allowed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi @userV1OUWJLdck  

for the MM Sim 1 not allowed usually happens if your device was locked to a carrier before because most of the dual sim models the carrier usually lock the network on one of the slots so you will use their network,  the other problem if your Simcard is not activated to the IMEI or the Simcard itself is not yet activated but if your model is a fully unlocked one then there might be a hardware issue on your device and might need to be serviced I would suggest looking for a Samsung service provider near your place thru this website https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hi @userV1OUWJLdck  

for the MM Sim 1 not allowed usually happens if your device was locked to a carrier before because most of the dual sim models the carrier usually lock the network on one of the slots so you will use their network,  the other problem if your Simcard is not activated to the IMEI or the Simcard itself is not yet activated but if your model is a fully unlocked one then there might be a hardware issue on your device and might need to be serviced I would suggest looking for a Samsung service provider near your place thru this website https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

hopefully, this will help with your problem

Be sure to click " ✔ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Joellem 

Thanks for your reply. I called the telco and they confirmed it was on their end. It's working fine now, after they unblocked it. 

I'm not too happy with the fact that they control one imei though. I'll have to see what I can do about it.

Thanks again, have a great day!