cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Messaging Robot Check

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I send a html link in a message, the messaging app shows under the link a small message saying "Robot Check" with the link below.  

This only showed up a short time ago.  Now I'm wondering if my link is going through, or not.

Anyone have any info on this?  When I do a search, what comes up is links to robot vacuums.  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Messaging Robot Check

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I tried an experiment where I could get some immediate feedback.   When my wife came home, I put her iPhone (ugh!) in front of me and sent a couple text messages.

In the first text message, I sent one with both text and the URL for a screen protector on Amazon.  The "Robot Check" message came up.  I did not click on the Robot Check message at all.  I simply waited to see what showed up on my wife's phone.

SmartSelect_20191211-183214_Messages.jpg

In the second text message, I sent the text as one message.  Then sent the link as the second message.  No "Robot Check" message came up.  Instead, a preview of the link showed.

SmartSelect_20191211-183302_Messages.jpg

Now here's the interesting part...

Both links showed on my wife's phone.  I don't know what the "Robot Check" does, what its purpose is...but it seems to make no difference to sending a text message with a link.  The only thing I took from this, is if I want it to look "pretty" with a preview of the website, I need to send the link separately.

Any last thoughts?

Chris

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please elaborate on which app you are using when you are experiencing these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The app is called simply, "Messages".  I did a screen capture of the About Messages screen and added it below.  The app came with the unlocked Note 9 that I bought months ago from Amazon.

SmartSelect_20191211-140834_Messages.jpg

While I'm uploading images, here's a screen capture of the "Robot Check" message.

SmartSelect_20191211-140739_Messages.jpg

Thanks again.

Chris

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms if you sent a link in the messages app with your device in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never tried "safe" mode on my phone.  

I've done that many times on my PC though over the years.

Chris

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to clarify are you using a Galaxy Note 9?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I noticed you never mentioned what happened when you placed the phone into safe mode. Can you test the device in safe mode to see if the symptoms persist when you're in safe mode?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I tried an experiment where I could get some immediate feedback.   When my wife came home, I put her iPhone (ugh!) in front of me and sent a couple text messages.

In the first text message, I sent one with both text and the URL for a screen protector on Amazon.  The "Robot Check" message came up.  I did not click on the Robot Check message at all.  I simply waited to see what showed up on my wife's phone.

SmartSelect_20191211-183214_Messages.jpg

In the second text message, I sent the text as one message.  Then sent the link as the second message.  No "Robot Check" message came up.  Instead, a preview of the link showed.

SmartSelect_20191211-183302_Messages.jpg

Now here's the interesting part...

Both links showed on my wife's phone.  I don't know what the "Robot Check" does, what its purpose is...but it seems to make no difference to sending a text message with a link.  The only thing I took from this, is if I want it to look "pretty" with a preview of the website, I need to send the link separately.

Any last thoughts?

Chris

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please check your messages app settings i think it can be turned off