JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Microphone works only for phone, not for apps

(Topic created: 05-27-2020 11:36 AM)
user80fugZz6Q7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

[This may be a duplicate; I don't find the one I thought I posted earlier].

On my Galaxy Note 9, the mic works for phone calls but not with other apps.  For example:

1) With Camera, when recording a video, there is no sound during playback. Volume is up.

2) With Messages, when recording an audio text, there is no sound during playback.  Volume is up.

3) With Google, when trying to search using the microphone, Google says "Listening", even though I'm speaking.  It doesn't detect my voice.

I've checked Permissions for all affected apps, and Microphone is permitted.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you experiencing this with the stock apps? or are any of these 3rd party apps? If these are the stock apps, try your device in safe mode to see if you are still having these symptoms. 

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Are you experiencing this with the stock apps? or are any of these 3rd party apps? If these are the stock apps, try your device in safe mode to see if you are still having these symptoms. 

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user80fugZz6Q7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

SamsungSteph:

*  These are stock apps.

*  I did a test by plugging in a headset, and recording my voice through the mic on the headset did work (before I wiped the cache).

*  But the best news is, your suggestion of wiping the cache partition did the trick.  I can record a voice text message, I can film a video with sound, and I can say "Hey Google" and she hears me.

Thanks!

0 Likes