JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My Note 9 says up to date but its last update was March 2019

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 2:35 PM)
userE7YQ0YbNrS
Asteroid
Options
Note 9

Hello, guys. My note 9 is stuck in android 9 with a last update dated March 2019. I tried searching for updates, but I keep getting the info that it is up to date. After searching the net for a solution, I downloaded the Smart Switch software for my PC, updated its drivers, and connected my phone successfully. However, I was also informed that my phone is up to date followed by a code: SGA(XAA). Please, what do I do to get the android 10 update and current security update.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
evolut
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
download the firmware and update with companion

View solution in context

10 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note 9

I would recommend reaching out to your current service provider regarding updates and security patches.

0 Likes
evolut
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
who is your carrier , you could make it international version or unlocked version and update , you only have one update left , your phone is about to hit the grave yard ,
0 Likes
userE7YQ0YbNrS
Asteroid
Options
Note 9

Thank you for your input. It can be used by any carrier. I'm using MTN where I'm at, and it is working. 

0 Likes
Solution
evolut
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
download the firmware and update with companion

View solution in context

userE7YQ0YbNrS
Asteroid
Options
Note 9

Okay. Any link to that? 

0 Likes
userE7YQ0YbNrS
Asteroid
Options
Note 9

Hello bro, I have finally flashed the new rom. I'm rocking android 10 now. Th version that agreed to work for me rocks January 2020 update. But the most recent update should be December 2020 or January 2021. If I go to the software update section, same news from the past: software is up to date. They haven't given security updates 

Is there a way to resolve it?

0 Likes
evolut
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
I don't know , is weird that doesn't find any security update , are you sure you've flashed the proper one ? or better make a back up and just factory reset it
0 Likes
evolut
Astronaut
Options
Note 9
I don't know if I can post it , but a quick Google is going to take you to the samsung firmware , download and go ,
0 Likes
userE7YQ0YbNrS
Asteroid
Options
Note 9

Hi bro. I have downloaded one I found from a Reddit thread. Should I share a link with you to examine? Now the zipped file is on my phone, how do I get it installed? You mentioned a companion software. Is that the name, or I should use something like Odin? I want to be able to get any other security updates the phone should receive until Samsung stops supporting it.

0 Likes