cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My phone number changes in settings when not connected to cell network

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to your carrier.

userRbAvYlwFxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My carrier is who gave me the work around (Turing on airplane mode to reset).  They stated that Samsung is aware of this issue and I am not the only person who has this issue.   It Is just I spent $1,000.00 on this great phone yet it has a nagging issue that keeps making me get irritated with it.  This issue tends to happen when I go from being connected to the cell network to where I have no cell connection but wifi is available.  That is when it will switch to the 406-700-0000 number. I would be so grateful to know there is a software patch or something  coming to fix this issue.  Everything I have tried is noted above in the conversation.   Any further ideas?  The only thing I have not done is a full factory reset.  I am just afraid it will not work and I will be back to square one with just a lot of headache restoring everything.   I have only had this phone for around 45 days  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

userRbAvYlwFxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number SM-M960U

Baseband Ver N960USQS1ARJ9

Verizon wireless

Thank you for your help

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get your device updated when you spoke with your carrier? Your baseband version needs an update.

userRbAvYlwFxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. I do not believe it did.  How do I go about updating my baseband version?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRbAvYlwFxf wrote:

@userRbAvYlwFxf wrote:

you need to go to settings and update software. On verizon, set the mobile connection to Global instead of CDMA and vice versa if one does not work. But verizon recommend Global since CDMA is shutting down soon.

userRbAvYlwFxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried to update the software on both Global and CDMA and the I went to update software and it said I was up to date both times.  I even turned off wifi and tried it again with no success.   Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRbAvYlwFxf wrote:

I tried to update the software on both Global and CDMA and the I went to update software and it said I was up to date both times.  I even turned off wifi and tried it again with no success.   Maybe I am doing something wrong?

did you have this issue when you first got your device or it happened after awhile of having the device? because last bet for it is to factory reset the device. 

userRbAvYlwFxf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had this issue since I got the phone.  Just really bummed out. The only option left is to do a factory reset then?  I strongly suspect that it will not work and i will not be able to do the factory reset until next week because i am on call for my job this week.  I will respond next week one I figure out the best way to back up my phone so I can do the reset.  What about the Android Pie update coming out?  Verizon said that will have the fix for this. Anyway, if you think of any other things to try, let me know.  Thank you again for your help.