Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Archsplinh
Constellation

Re: NOTE 9 EDGE LIGHTING DOES NOT WORK WHEN SCREEN IS OFF

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To all,

I also have the same problem with the edge light not working.  It was working fine couple days ago when I bought it last week.

I also have the problem work on Allway on display, it seem doesn't work correctly, I try to double tap on the screen, never work.

This is a US unlock version.

Model number SM-N960U1
Serial number < Hidden >
IMEI < Hidden >

Thanks,

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information. Can you provide me with your baseband version and carrier information as well?

Archsplinh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Baseband version 

N960U1UEU1ARJ5

I have ATT sim card install in my device.

Thanks

Archsplinh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all,

I just did a reset setting this morning and everything seem to working properly now (for both edge lighting and Allway on display).

Note.. the edge lighting seem to work only with the apps that the phone has suggested (Viber and messages) Gmail didn't work not sure Facebook either.

userbF5IyyqoCZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tuesday November, 27 2018

My edge lighting has not worked since reciept of phone. All combination of settings have been tried and all software is current. 

Model number SM-N960U1
Serial number RF8KA101NAX
Android: 8.1.0
Build number: M1AJQ.N960U1UEU1ARJ5
Baseband version:  N960U1UEU1ARJ5

US version, unlocked. T-Mobile is the carrier. 

userbBfn4YfdNg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED

I found the solution for the Edge lighting not working and it works 100%. And the best part is you dont need to have the annoying popups (for example on Whatsapp) activated. Tested on S8 and S9.
First thing you have to do is install the Light Flow app (by the way, pretty useful for modifying your LED light). After you install and activate it go to "notification settings" and there you can find a list of apps you want to modify your LED light for. Add the app you want your Edge lighting to work (Whatsapp in my case), then press those 3 dots on the right of the listed app and press "settings"
Now click on the "notifications" tab next to the "trigger" tab on top.
Here you have to click the fields "exclude from sleep mode" and "switch screen on".
Your work with Light Flow app ends here.
Now go to your phone settings to display-edge screen-edge lighting. Go to "manage notifications" on the bottom and add the Light Flow app. Once it is done go to edge lighting style-color-custom color. Edit the light color you want for the Light Flow app and you are done!
Basically what happens is when you receive an Whatsapp message (or any app you choose) Light Flow app will initiate a virtual popup (nothing visible on the screen) and that will trigger the Edge lighting to work on the screen that is off.

Hope it helps and if you need any questions let me know Smiley Happy

userZakdkgmPhW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

exact problem I have now

userZakdkgmPhW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

started after last update.... with Textra app. no worky. .. . with Samsung messaging app works perfectly fine.     tried 2 other 3rd party apps and didn't work unless screen was already on. lame

userZakdkgmPhW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

EXACTLY  w/ Textra also.   sooooo annoying

user4SD4McntPc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the edge lighting problem....