cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userzJ3I2e5tJS
Asteroid

No Archive in stock Samsung email app?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got the Note 9 and am trying to use the stock email app instead of Gmail but can't figure out how to get an email out of my inbox without deleting it.  Oddly, I can't find simply Archive or a way to move it to a main "all mail" folder.

If I right swipe I can chose a folder to move it to (which include various Gmail label "folders") but the generic Gmail is greyed out and there's no All Mail folder (as there is in my Gmail acct.).

What am I missing or do I need to use the Gmail app to simply get an email out of my inbox without adding a gmail label to it?  That seems like a show stopper to me as far as using the stock app.

thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: No Archive in stock Samsung email app?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming, honestly to get the full gmail options/settings you would have to use the Gmail app. It's a limitation that Google places on the stock email app, I guess in an attempt to push for users to use their app. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

9 REPLIES 9
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using a gmail address with the stock email app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userzJ3I2e5tJS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, and I have added that gmail acct to the stock app.  All the emails come through just fine.  But once I read them I either delete them or archive them.   All archiving does, essentially, is remove the Inbox label from them so they go to All mail.  But in the stock app I don't see anyway to do this.

Thanks for any help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for confirming, honestly to get the full gmail options/settings you would have to use the Gmail app. It's a limitation that Google places on the stock email app, I guess in an attempt to push for users to use their app. 

Highlighted
blt7878
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Your agument is false. Outlook app has an archive feature. Samsung email did not implement it but it is not a google restriction.

John79x
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a simple way. Just not as quick and easy as the Gmail app that we would like. 

Swipe right on the email, then select "move to", and put it in "all mail".

I too prefer using my Gmail through the Samsung email app.

I like how it matches my theme.

Would be nice if they made this easier.

userzJ3I2e5tJS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would have been willing to move it to All mail, even though an Archive button would have been easier.  But when I pick Move there is no All folder or label.   I see my other gmail folders/labels, but not All.  There's a Gmail icon but it's greyed out.  

So I'm using the Gmail app too and just turned off notifications on my stock app so I don't get both.

Thanks for the replies. At least I know I'm not missing something obvious. Smiley Happy

John79x
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The Gmail icon is greyed out because you can't delete it.

But you can still click on it and it opens the sub folders that contains "all mail".

userzJ3I2e5tJS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ahh, you are right!  I thought since it was greyed out that I could not select it.  But you are correct - if I touch it a subfolder including All opens up!

Nice to know, although now I made the move back to the Gmail app where I can easily archive or add labels.

Thank you for the info though.  That might help someone else.

userOISt0FK2xX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was using a google app called "Inbox", which was withdrawn at the end of March. Which meant I had to use another app.

Sadly, I also use the gmail app for a different email address of mine - a work-related one. So I thought I'd use the Samsung app.

But the difficulty archiving messages I don't want to delete, but want to remove from my inbox, is such that I'll have to look into another solution.