cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

No longer receiving updates

My galaxy note 9 was regularly getting update till march but last couple months I dinn got any updates. What  can I do now?

SM960F

Baseband: N960FXXS5DTBScreenshot_20200605-061028_Settings.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Update issue

I'd like to welcome you to the club of the forgotten few.  I got no idea why, but I'm in the same boat.  Actually, worse.  

My Note 9 use to get updates monthly for the security update, up until February 2020.  I got the OTA update to One UI 2.0.  After that... . NOTHING! Everyone here was getting all the security updates.  Mine was stuck at a Security date of Jan 1, 2020.  I tried Settings > Software update and all I got was up to date.  I tried Samsungs Smart Switch.  All it said was I was up to date.  I contacted AT&T.  Total waste of time.  They told me to do everything that I'd just done and there was nothing beyond that.  

Sometime about March?  May?  I cracked my screen and took it to a UBreakIFix.  I asked them about the update when I dropped it off and they said they could update it with no problem.  They fixed my screen, gave it another week and went back and had them update it.  What they do is not like an OTA update.  It was a Total wipe and factory reset.  Hours later, my phone was finally reloaded of everything. 

Several months go by and again, nothing is updated, even though everyone else is updating.  This time I went with ODIN and Boom, now I'm up to DTC7 with a security update of April 1, 2020.  And of course, a few days later, a new update comes out and I'm still waiting for the OTA update for that one.  

Samsung takes the software, tweaks it, modifys it and sends it to the Carriers.  The carriers Tweak it and modify it and then send it out to the users in batches so that they don't swamp the servers.  

We are not the only ones out there still waiting.  Samsung says "Call the Carrier".  The Carriers say "Call Samsung".  

The only thing we can try is Clear your Cache Partition.  (Google Clearing the Cache partition for Note 9 for instructions) or install Samsung Smart Switch.  It has a feature to check for updates and install automatically.  I guess.  I've never seen this work.  Or when you get desprite, you can search for instructions for ODIN and find the software for your carrier and install it yourself.  

Good Luck.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Wich Country you live in ? You have the wrong Country Rom I guess, you device supports OXM versions that's perfect.

Just download the right unbranded Country Rom and you're good to go !

Highlighted

@usersRhhZAOpJq wrote:

Wich Country you live in ? You have the wrong Country Rom I guess, you device supports OXM versions that's perfect.

Just download the right unbranded Country Rom and you're good to go !

Which one of us?  I'm in US. Mine worked perfectly on updates from when I got it in 2018 up until the update to 2.0 that I finally got in February of 2020. I've had it factory reset with a new update and an update via ODIN. And it still won't accept an OTA update. 

Highlighted
Constellation

When one ui beta program launched I downloaded a random file to update from my as card but it failed then I thought I should download a file what match with my baseband then I downloaded it and then flashed it from as card. Maybe I update my device with beta 3 time or 5 times after that Sam provide me full version of one UI by auto update. After that I got auto update in every month with hastle. But it's not updating for couple of months. I asked I  Facebook community my baseband users they also dinn getting update since then. Now what should I do?