cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

No problem, just a question about 5g!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When the android 10 update comes out for the note 9, will it include support for 5G, or will that only be exclusively for the phones that JUST recently came out? Just curious, thanks! (If it does, 5G will make using xbox's xcloud game streaming slot more fun away from home on my note 9! Which is the main reason I really want it lol Smiley Very Happy )

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: No problem, just a question about 5g!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need a 5g phone to have 5g. Updating doesn't change anything. 5g isnt something that can be turned on through an update. The phone needs 5g hardware. Like the note 10 5g or s10 5g

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

5G is only one newer models because they include a 5G modem that allows for those speeds. Anything prior does not have 5G capabilities.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You need a 5g phone to have 5g. Updating doesn't change anything. 5g isnt something that can be turned on through an update. The phone needs 5g hardware. Like the note 10 5g or s10 5g

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ooh, thanks. I was thinking that was a software thing instead of a hardware thing...kinda stinks since the note 9 was already $1000 :/

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DarkDiamond0756 more and more phones will be 5G by default soon! It's an exciting time! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No 5G for you. As previously noted, 5G capable phones require the proper hardware, i.e., modem.