JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 5G Data Bands

(Topic created: 02-06-2019 08:34 AM)
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm wondering if the Note 9 comes with the bands for 5G data that will be rolled out in the next few years? Specifically for T Mobile? I don't switch phones every few months, so I need to know if it is somewhat future proof, because I'm going to pay for mine's cash + turning in my Note 8, which I also bought outright. Answers appreciated. Thanks

21 Replies
Solution
The Lighting Guru
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Unfortunately the Note 9 doesn't support 5g networks that will be rolling out this year and rumors also say that the S10 won't have 5g either.... that however is a rumor. But as for the Note 9 not having it yet is a good thing. The tech can be tested on other phones first. Usually the 1st gen technologies usually have bugs within them.

Hope this answers your question. 😎

Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you

0 Likes
userHoFHGy7Adr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Next phone must be 5G capable. When will Samsung announce 5G capability?

0 Likes
Dreadsta
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Most likely one of the S10 variants will support 5g.

0 Likes
FEDEXECUTIONER
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 9 just got pie update, says 5g in notifications tray. What gives?

0 Likes
userslNGxPP36i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Its marketing in a candy coating. Its just enhanced 4g on a different frequency that /might/ have slightly higher speeds. 

But its still 4g.

0 Likes
RedDragon
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@FEDEXECUTIONER wrote:

My note 9 just got pie update, says 5g in notifications tray. What gives?

Can you show us the screenshot of the 5GE icon i am just curious how it looks like.

0 Likes
useryIg9CYWSqE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 9 just got a 5g band icon. I want to show it but don't know how to attach a screenshot.

0 Likes
Mlbyanks19
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That is actually incorrect information. I have an AT&T note 9 and 5G is up in my area and I got 5G E on my phone. So stop giving wrong information. I was on my morning commute and 5G showed up on my device.