Original topic:

Note 9 5G Data Bands

(Topic created: 08-20-2018 11:19 PM)
Wicked68
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm wondering if the Note 9 comes with the bands for 5G data that will be rolled out in the next few years? Specifically for T Mobile? I don't switch phones every few months, so I need to know if it is somewhat future proof, because I'm going to pay for mine's cash + turning in my Note 8, which I also bought outright. Answers appreciated. Thanks

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userACYQC1cxKR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have 5g on my note 9 as well!

Z53MXqp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I had Metro with t mobile and my daughter told me it would be cheaper 

if she added me to her AT&T plan. So

She got a chip but my Note 9 still

says 2 g how do I change it to 5g?? 

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello there, you'll need to speak to your carrier regarding this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userdGiBQkKAyu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

lol at&t isnt really 5g. google it. 

0 Likes
userdGiBQkKAyu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

"AT&T officially calls its new network “5G Evolution” and not 5G, but that’s just marketing-speak. The company is simply using existing technology on its LTE network to provide better 4G speeds"

https://www.cmple.com/learn/att-now-has-5g-wireless-service-but-its-not-really-5g

0 Likes
userasFEaa8DAr
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

5ge and 5g are different 5ge is fake 5g which is pretty much 4glte but the icon changed lol!!

user917cFdZHSK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

My note 9 through T- mobile is not 5G capable (in Davis Ca. 5G is out at this time) However my girlfriend's note 9 does have 5G. she goes thru AT&T. So he is right after all.  It's depending on your carrier.  I can't hardly video call but hers is like hi-def video. Mine had the little 4g logo and hers has a big 5g on it.

0 Likes
MCMLXXVII
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How does my note 9 show 5g in the corner where 4g usually shows?Screenshot_20190814-105657_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userOgm6srnqbZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I know this is a response to an old post, but this debate was just had in our workplace today, and frankly, I'm tired of seeing this go unanswered.  As others have said, the 5GE icon is NOT the same as true 5G.  AT&T simply chooses to fool their customers into believing that they have 5G by dressing up the 4G LTE connection so that it is slightly faster and then calling it 5GE where the "E" means 'evolution'.  In other words, it is an "evolutionary step towards true 5G", but it is not the same as 5G. Not even close.

0 Likes