cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note 9 Android 10

Almost June and I still have not gotten the Android 10 update. My mobile provider has released the update months ago and I have tried to update through Smart Switch, which also does not work. Android 11 will be out in a few months and Samsung is two years behind. Cool.

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 Android 10

I have my note 9 with andriod 10 around Feb and mine is the us tmobile version

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 Android 10

Dear friend,

Please dont update ur phone to android 10 in note 9.Your display will cause the yellow discoloring with lines.Check the comments the rest of our members whos causing the same issue, samsung is cheating on customers now.They are not solving the issue.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Past due Android 10 update 😑

I am still waiting (as of May 21, 2020) for the promised Android 10 update due in February. Is there anyone else with this issue (carrier is AT&T)?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Past due Android 10 update 😑

Yes. I am also waiting for AT&T to push Android 10..

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Highlighted
Asteroid

An early 2020 update broke adapt sound!  on S10e in Australia. Adapt sound now makes the music very distorted and volume lower... I thought my bose were broken.

hurry up and fix in Samsung!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Umm all craariers have tye update your the 1% that dont have it, if it doesnt come it could be possible AT&T may have pulled a TMobile card by never releasing the update for your variant Android 10 came to all note 9s 2 to 3 months ago

Highlighted

@g7755725 wrote:

Umm all craariers have tye update your the 1% that dont have it, if it doesnt come it could be possible AT&T may have pulled a TMobile card by never releasing the update for your variant Android 10 came to all note 9s 2 to 3 months ago

Well, like I said, no one else seems to have this problem with AT&T.  Besides, AT&T's support page says that the current  version for the Note 9 is DTC7.  My version on my Note 9 (SM-N960U) is running is DTB1.

I've seen notices here on this forum stating that some AT&T users, running the SM-960U varient have received the updates and the new security patch.  Every other update for this phone came in anywhere from 1 day post release to 3 weeks post release.  Not the almost 3 months that I'm looking at. 

Which is why I'm asking if any others running AT&T are in the same boat as I am, or do I have another issue with my device?

@michaelp6of7 wrote:

I am still waiting (as of May 21, 2020) for the promised Android 10 update due in February. Is there anyone else with this issue (carrier is AT&T)?

Welcome to the club.  I got the update in February, with the Jan 1 security update.  Sometime about March, I was still running the same thing.  About that time, I cracked my screen and took it to a UBreakIFix place.  While it was there, the guy told me that they could update it for me since AT&T had already released the update.  I gave it another week and took it back and had them flash it to DTB1.  That was March and here is it towards the end of May and I'm still waiting for the update.  

Now I can go to the AT&T web site and ask what the latest OS for the Note 9 is, and they say that they are now distributing DTC7 with a security Update of April 1.  My note, after being updated last month by UbreakIfix is running DTB1 with a security Update of February 1.  

OTA says that I'm up to date.  Samsung Smart Switch says that I'm up to date even though it recognizes that I am running DTB1.  AT&T Trouble shooter online says they have no idea what OS I'm running.  

I've rebooted, cleared Cache, tried Safe Mode, run search for update 2x a day, and then tried waiting 3-4 days before trying.  Yes, I know that OTA only really searches one time every 24 hours.  

So let me ask this of the group.  What version are people that use AT&T Running?  DTB1 or DTC7? What dates are the Security update?  In the past, I've always gotten mine within a week or so of the release.  I havn't gotten an OTA Since February.