cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted

Re: Past due Android 10 update 😑

I gave up... after over 5 months of fighting it, I ran Odin on it.  Now, I'm up to date finally.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Past due Android 10 update 😑

Im going through the same thing, and i have a Samsung s10+

Highlighted
Astronaut

Refurbished Galaxy Note 9 UNL Tmo will not update

So I recently purchased an Unlocked Galaxy Note 9 from Amazon renewed program and it's running "ok" but I can seem to get it update to Android 10. Please help

Highlighted
Asteroid

Update for note 9 today may 19 2020

New update for note 9 users

Highlighted

Re: Update for note 9 today may 19 2020

Which Carrier?  Whats the last 4 of the Baseband Version?  Whats the Security Patch level?  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Us celler

Highlighted

no good for me.  I'm on AT&T.  You got to remember that Samsung sends the updates to the Carriers.  The Carriers tweak, add, change, modify it and then send it out to the users.  So if one carrier has released it, it doesn't mean anything to other users.  

But thank you anyway.  

Highlighted

security patch april 2020 not received

my note 9 SM-N960U1 dosnt comes security patch april 2020 ?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: security patch april 2020

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted

Re: security patch april 2020

@SamsungZell wrote:

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Well, most of us totally understand this.  Samsung sends the update to the carriers.  The carriers tweak it and modify it slightly and then send it out to the users.  The problem is, some of the users (myself included) are not recieving the updates from the carriers.  We know that the problems is not with Samsung.  But what most of the users are asking of the group, is there a method to force the update because the Carriers are of totally No Help whatsoever.  

The carriers reply is Settings > Software update > Check for updates.  

If that doesn't work, then Smart Switch and update from there.  

To the carriers, THAT works.  There is no help beyond that because to them, it is now fixed.  

I gave up and had a UbreakIfix update my phone.  When the next update came out, I gave up on UbreakIfix because that was a total factory reset and wiped my phone out for hours while it reloaded.  I used ODIN.  5 minutes and I was done.  But mine STILL will not update OTA and hasn't since the update to 2.0 back in February.