cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userD1YqqMkn1Q
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey guys I got my phone back, and I'm still testing it out. Right now i'm using my old yet reliable BlackBerry.

Sadly, they just repaired my Note 9. It took them a while(10days) and it was covered by the warranty. Though I'm still disappointed that they didn't replace the phone, I'm still ok with it. The sales Rep. Told me that when the phone was repaired the seal for waterproofing isn't affected, so we have nothing to worry about.

It's just sad. I bought my phone last September after 3mos this problem arised I thought they will just simply replace my phone with a new one after they figure out that it's a manufacturer's defect, but they didn't. I'm like other smaller companies replaces flagship phones the moment they knew that it has a defect just to have a hassle free transaction. It would have been easier to accept if this happens 6-9mos after, but who are we to argue it's in their "black and white" manufacturer's warranty.

I'll say this again, so far this is the worst customer support I ever got coming from blackberry, LG and iPhone even HTC. Hope it goes smooth to everyone.

Eddie P
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issues and clearing the cache doesn't work. When you switch between Pro Mode and Auto mode it doesn't do it, only when it's in Auto mode, therefore it must be a fault in the automatic aperture or automatic iso (my opinion). Sad to see so many problems with this issue. Samsung needs to be transparent about this or I'll find another model.

Verizon 128GB in Blue. Ordered phone from release. 

useraqhwE4nKWo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with my camera. And I pay much money for that  samsung is going  deep down now  

user5u3zq4Gwd6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this same issue. It doesn't happen every time but it seems to be getting more common and of course usually when I really need it to work. 🙄🙄 So frustrating!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @user5u3zq4Gwd6, Try giving this a try.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) > Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 

Restart Phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userSVcU78SbPk

Did you try the steps presented by @SamsungJoJo?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like a physical defect in the Camera aperture . I would consult ifixit. 

userKIIsaR2e4V
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have developed the same issue today since upgrading to Android pie.

When zoomed in the phone physically shakes.

Switching between camera modes or photo or video doors nothing, only zooming yo 1:1

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

Highlighted
userbGZFBBOmNs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It happened to me as well. Which was today :-(

So, apparently the camera was all fine untill this morning. Believe it is a part mechanical part software issue? Coz i was just going through the camera settings....n yes the day i found out that there are two slowmo mode(which was today)....once i activated it the thing happned...plus was also changing various other settings to see what else i could do with my camera....

So i have talked with my carrier here in New zealand.....n i am really not happy with them saying it will be repaired rather than changing the phone itself! Defect is a defect! When you pay more than 1000 dollars you expect the same durability. What if the problem arise after few months again?? Each passing month will shorten the warranty period.... 

Other issue is, if i give my phone away for repair....i will be phoneless for few days..... so who is going to compensate that period? Really not happy.... i started using note series from note3...... n man i miss my note 3..... everyother note series after that had a issue. After warranty period ends we have to pay for the factory defects....which was not caused by us the user!