cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsaqqa
Asteroid

Re: I've never had this issue but it is loud like the movemen...

JUMP TO SOLUTION
YSBU
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem a few months now. When I switch to the Zoom camera the image is blurry and looks like waves across the screen. The entire phone vibrates. This happens in both Stills and Video modes. Sometimes, if I shake the phone, the vibration stops and the image snaps into focus. Worst of all, the problem is intermittent. It seems to happen much more when the phone is warm. My phone is from T-Mobile USA.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@YSBU Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 Do you experience these symptoms in safe mode and all camera modes?

j101399j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. This should not be marked as solved as it is not solved/fixed

Got my Note 9 (AT&T 256GB version in bue) it was released in Aug last year. About a week ago I was trying to zoom in and noticed the image becomes very blurry once I hit the 2.0x zoom and there is a loud buzzing. Searched online and found this and a number of other forums with the same defect. Since day 1, my phone has been in a thick case and I have never dropped it (still looks brand new). Tried safe mode, still there, let the phone get cold, same issue, factory reset, same issue. Nothing I have tried works and make me feel that this is a defect considering how many other people have this issue. Frustrating that a critical function of the phone is useless.*

Well, I called AT&T since I am still under warranty and they sent a replacement. Got it today and without setting anything up (skipping all setup options), tried the camera and it has the same issue. The AT&T rep was very nice and they are taking the replacement bask as a "dead on arrival" device and sending another. I'll update when received.

In case anyone wants to see this first hand, I have uploaded 2 videos to YouTube, 1 of the phone in question where you can see it will not focus and buzzes very loudly and part 2 using my wife's Note 9 to show it starts at exactly 2.0x zoom. I'm just glad it happened now when the phone is still under warranty.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/2m5pjRZOBqI

Video 2: https://youtu.be/JFbBcjRwBKw 

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that buzzes loudly and will not focus when you zoom past 2.0x zoom. This video was taken with the phone when attempting to zoom in. The buzzing is so loud, it gets picked up by the mic. This is part 1 of 2 - the second video was taking using my wife's Note 9 to show
See part one (taken with the defective phone here: https://youtu.be/2m5pjRZOBqI) I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 that buzzes loudly and will not focus when you zoom past 2.0x zoom. This video was taken oh the phone when attempting to zoom in. The buzzing is so loud, it gets picked up by the mic on
userDyAfoKuly4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model number  = SM-N960F/DS

Sereal number  = RF8K72T4JTT

IMEI(slot 1 )number  = <hidden>

IMEI(slot 2) number  = <hidden>

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was your device purchased in the US?

Highlighted
j101399j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update, the 2nd replacement works and does not have an issue. Had been over a week and the camera works as expected without any buzzing. If your does, get it replaced and text the replacement as soon as you get it.

Note_Fan
Cosmic Ray

Hi all, the camera issue is finally resolved by a camera...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all, the camera issue is finally resolved by a camera replacement under warranty. However some light scratches were induced onto the back of the phone during the process.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Hi all, the camera issue is finally resolved by a camera...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @Note_Fan, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. May I ask did you get your device previously repaired at a repair center or did you send in your device?

Note_Fan
Cosmic Ray

Re: Hi all, the camera issue is finally resolved by a camera...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJoJo wrote:

Hey there @Note_Fan, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened. May I ask did you get your device previously repaired at a repair center or did you send in your device?

Hello, I took my phone to a Ubreakifix store in Phoenix, Arizona. The tech in the store was able to constantly replicate the reported symptom and eventually the camera module was replaced under warranty since my device is still less than a year old