cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTIAlQVOUCn
Astronaut

Re: Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive had this issue too when I use the optical zoom in button (the single pind tree on my phone)

Its a mechanical, I don't think a reset will fix anytihg. Have found a work around though. 

Before you activate it, focus on a near object, like the ground. Then hit the optical zoom, tap to focus on the ground, now slowly move your camera up to the subject you want. If it buzzes again redo.

userP4RIAWcQ9P
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another work around below... 

I am on the latest available version available on the Verizon network and still seeing regular issues when trying to zoom in on any camera mode. I am quite confident it is a hardware issues as I found what fixes it, until you zoom back out.

When you feel/hear the camera make that faint buzzing sound and the screen goes wavey as it tries to focus, give it a good forward backward shake. It may take a couple of tries until you get a feel for what I'm explaining but it makes the problem go away everytime. 

Because of this, I'm confident the issue is related to hardware (at least in some cases) considering software cannot feel shakes, movement. 

I also read in another thread that Samsung has confirmed its hardware and needs to be sent for warranty repair. 

userkkYDbK74ZE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue as well on my Note 9. Everytime I take a picture with the zoom button, it vibrates and the picture is blurry. It sounds and looks almost as it's trying to focus a lens. It happened once then it didn't happen again for a while but now it happens all the time! I hope this issue gets fixed. This camera is one of my favorite things about this phone. Smiley Sad 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

usermHXOoyf0fv
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

am ahving this issue and i am was about to try that but when i pressed Clear Data it states that:

"All of this applications data will be deleted permanently. This includes all files, settings, accounts, databases etc" 

What exactly is this telling me? IS it going to delete all my pictures and my google and samsung account? I am not sure i like how that reads? 

Samsung_1iIzwYF
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungLarry wrote:

Hey, give this a shot.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

Dosnt work dtop telling people to waist there time samsung nos about this and is ignoring us 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do recommend backing up your data prior to doing so, just in case.

Csan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send it in for warranty. That is the only solution. Clearing cache, resetting, etc. will not work and is just wasting time.

My unit was serviced feb and just this april, the camera gave way again so the centre replaced it again for free. Good thing is if your OS is the latest, they will not reformat so at least you save your data and settings.

userTFdrOeRfoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sending mine in tomorrow, along with a letter explaining the problem and how I have already had local UBreakIFix change out the camera 8 weeks ago and we are back at this same problem.

This is ridiculous and continuous send backs are not an option.   It's time to call this piece of junk a LEMON and demand for a different phone (S10?)   I have zero confidence in the camera at this point in time.  

Samsung_1iIzwYF
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is nuts o want my phone fixed