cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lepa79
Cosmic Ray

Re: Note 9 Buzzing sound when Zooming Camera

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some part of the camera module hardware gets lose or displaced under some certain vibrations and with use. Once that happen, it fails to respond properly for the software that is driving things. It is why this issue happen is none existing fresh out of the box.

I ride a motorcycle, and mount the phone in the handle bar.  Had to replace the phone 1st time and module on the 2nd phone. Then sold it because I really believe the note 9 camera module can not withstand vibrations.

Many of the folks reporting the issue here start seeing it after their phone witnessed a normal drop in a protective case. I would assume the vibration from the dropped caused the camera module parts to shift or losen up, resulting in the issue being reported here. 

This is my assessment and I am done from messing around with Note 9 since Samsung not recognizing there is a serious problem with the camera module under vibration. I mounted my note 8 on the same bike at the same location for a full year and never an issue. Now I am using Pixel 2 XL. Good luck all. 

usert2dy1E0M3F
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I will need to submit my info as well.

userPAwN38yKIK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there a fix??

userQlS9gCX35r
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello sir sure i can give u mine

userdNE14kCxXb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are a lot of people with the same problem and Samsung doesn't say anything. What a disappointment.

userD1YqqMkn1Q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I got the same problem when using live focus and zooming in. I hear a buzzing/ rattling  sound. I went to a Samsung store and they took it back. I follow up for the service and to my surprise they'll just gonna fix it. I phone the customer service, and they told me that's how they do warranty here in Canada. I'm so disappointed I was hoping that they will replace my unit with a new one but instead just a repair.

I think this will be my last samsung phone. I paid $1250 + tax there is a problem with the phone that I didn't cause, yet they let me wait for more than 6 working days( and counting) for repair about the problem that  I didn't  caused. I thought they'll send me a new replacement like what BlackBerry, IPhone and LG did to me when I they have defective units and im still under warranty. I am so disappointed. 😒 😞 

userEfvToEo0bl
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having a similar problem.  I can hear the camera open and close when opening up apps and turning the phone at certain angles. 

Help... 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userEfvToEo0bl Can you provide me your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userkpTyx9xjit
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same isissu in my phone also

user7dmf7pi8k1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-N960F/DS

<hidden>