cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
users9JLYYsLEH
Constellation

Note 9 Camera Buzz/Blur

I am having an issue where if I zoom in on auto or use live focus, the camera will start to make a buzzing noise and vibrate as well as not focusing/ being blurry. I've never dropped my phone or anything. It is brand new. I want to know if this is a hardware issue that other have.

66 REPLIES 66
userz6LCXcXArg
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Camera Buzz/Blur

I'm having the exact same issue. Does not do this in pro  mode, and I have tried other camera apps as well and it does not do have this problem. 

user827QdgS0R4
Constellation

I'm also having the same issue  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does this issue only occur with the stock camera app?

usere4AHxOhjdx
Constellation

Yes this happens in stock camera app, have cleared app data and cache & restared phone.

Seems like physical defect. Camera makes an audible buzzing sound.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey, give this a try.

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

Lepa79
Cosmic Ray

This is a hardware problem and I am so frustrated. This is my second note 9 in 2 months. Bestbuy gave me a new one after I took it in and showed then how the 2x zoom and auto focus, in pictures and when taking videos makes the entire phone and camera system vibrates with a very audible buzz sound as well as blurry, wavy images and video. 

Bestbuy was nice enough to replace the phone with another brand new one after 25 days of use and 3 week into the new one, the camera problem reappeared. I have it on video. Please see link below, and play volume loud to hear the dang bee like buzzing coming from the camera system. I actually would like my money back at this point. Not going to replace the note for the 3rd time. I am done. Never had an issue with Note 8 for an entire year. Something is wrong with note 9 camera and it is hardware. Here is the video. 

NEED THIS ESCALATED TO SAMSUNG LEADERSHIP ASAP. this is not acceptable. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CEaATrumqMzsMzhd7

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Lepa79

Can I get your full model code, IMEI number, and carrier information via private message?

Bhavit
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungLarryshould I send you mine too?  This is a real problem 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Bhavit Yes, the information requested in private message is for everyone experiencing the symptoms.