Constellation

Re: Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Model:  SM-N960U

Baseband: N960USQS1ARH6

Carrier:  T-Mobile

userWJfBanBoxO
Constellation

No October security patch for N960U1 and no mention of a solution for the camera issue.  Thank you, Samsung.

Sam-MBI
Constellation

Mine also lags.  My Note 8 that I gave to the wife works much better when it comes to the camera.  Quicker snaps, all shots in focus.  I miss that!

johnnymnemonic
Constellation

just adding myself to the mix. this is actually embarrassing when I try to take halloween pics but the lag lost the moment. 

Mr_Armageddon
Asteroid

Really struggled taking Halloween pictures of my kids tonight. Constant lagging and 1 camera app crash. I have owned every Note since the Note 2, but if this issue isn't fix soon (going on 3 months without a fix) it will definitely be my last Note. Unacceptable for a $1000+ device .

I think we need to try contacting Tech News blogs to get the word out, so it lights a fire under Samsung and hopefully spurs some movement on this issue  

userWUGjdQwC1F
Constellation

Same issue lag and stutter when camera open for video and pictures..it started about 3 months ago ..I have tried everything from resett new to factory,change screen resolution,remove SD card and more..I sm thinking of returning device..

SM-N960UZBATMB

Unlock version 

userP4RIAWcQ9P
Astronaut

Model number SM-N960U  

RF8K81LLFPTN960USQS1ARJ9  

Verizon

I regret jumping from the Note8 to the 9 so quickly because of this issue. Has ruined far too many pictures and not just in the native camera app either. This is why Apple users tout the "it just works" line, because of faults like these. 

mOnteezY
Constellation

Same issue here .

Model SM-N960U

Baseband N960USQS1ARK1

T-Mobile

Mr_Armageddon
Asteroid

@TINNHI wrote:

This has been widely reported by people. The Camera would lag randomly for 2-3 seconds rendering taking pictures/video impossible.

Are there any fix coming soon?

Model code:  SM-N960UZBATMB

Baseband version: N960USQU1ARH2

Carrier:  T-Mobile 

128GB version, have tried using both Stock and Nova Launcher, pics saved to internal memory. Had constant and horrible lag / freezing (and camera error message) making the camera unusable at times, especially action shots. 

Switching the device to WQHD+ resolution seems to have helped and for the last day or so, no lag.

Going to continue testing over the weekend, but this definitely seems like a software issue. Hopefully a solution is found soon.  Missed some pretty unique photos of my kids yesterday because of the freezing.

Mr_Armageddon
Asteroid

Recently installed the updated ARH6 on my 128GB T-Mobile Note 9... Didn't help the camera at all. Still have constant freezing while camera app is open, making taking non-blurry pics very difficult. Using Nova Launcher and resolution set WQHD+.

Really hoping this gets fixed soon. Unacceptable for a device that costs this much $$$.

Heading on vacation next week to Europe for 10 days with my Wife, and right now I'm really wishing I had kept my Note 8 for picture taking.