Did you mean: 
userVARyqla2gh
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Camera Lag Randomly

Same issue here too, camera and video lag, blurry photos and videos 

usere9TFKRYBuB
Astronaut

It only happens to me with video, and only so far when I use the two-power-button-press shortcut after the phone has been asleep.

I had an S8 for 16 months and never this issue.

I've tried switching from SD card storage to Internal, reducing video resolution (currently at UHD 30fps), turning off Tracking AF, and basically any other feature that I would think might steal processing.

I do have power optimization on. Has anyone tried turning it off? Perhaps there's a related process that's being forced to sleep.

KoreanTV
Cosmic Ray

I've noticed when panning the video would judder every second as if the the image stabilization can't catch up.  The recorded video doesn't look smooth due to the judder.   The problem appears to come and go, though.

user4YSN6z22CG
Constellation

Its over 2 months already and yet there is still no fix for this MAJOR issue! When zooming in, it lags. when taking multiple photos, the capture button is unresponsive. when taking a video, it would freeze intermittently and not respond. 

I've reset the phone, changed storage to internal, cleared cache on camera, reset camera settings. NOTHING WORKS TO FIX THIS ISSUE!

I've been a note user since the very first Note, you would think with the 9th rendition you can have a flawless camera! So disappointing.

user7x33F2i6Rd
Constellation

Guy at UBreakIFix told me this is not an uncommon issue and you won't be getting a fix. Its a mobo issue. Here we come class action lawsuit.

Iman- Kh
Constellation

I have the same problem since the first day that I got my phone. And I couldn't find any solution to this problem.

Pay around 1K dollars and the camera always freezing.

Samsung, this is a serious issue, and you must fix it. The note users are loyal customers to this series of the phone and brand. It is utterly shameful that you couldn't find any solution for this issue after some months yet. 

Mr_Armageddon
Asteroid

My phone downloaded an Update today (around 400mb) that seems to have fixed the lag issue. 

Model code: SM-N960UZBATMB

Baseband version: N960USQU1ARJ8

Carrier: T-Mobile 

128GB version, have tried using both Stock and Nova Launcher, pics saved to internal memory. Had constant and horrible lag / freezing (and camera error message) making the camera unusable at times, especially action shots.

It's only been 1 day since the update, but the lag / freezing hasn't shown up yet. I will keep monitoring and report back if that is not in fact the case, but so far so good.

userOhgyKIzLT9
Constellation

I received it this morning and afraid to install😩

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey there, this problem has been discussed in a different thread as well. There should be an update coming through to fix this. Unfortunately since we cannot speculate on a release date, we do not have a specific date for when the update should be rolled out. If you have any new updates available, please go ahead and update the device and keep us updated on whether or not the problem continues.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

rota7070
Cosmic Ray

SO WHAT SAMSUNG?

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

RESETTING THE APP?

IT DOES NOT FIX THE ISSUE.

MOR ONS