cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_S46Spjn
Astronaut

Note 9 Front Camera

For some reason my front camera only takes pictures with 5.2 megapixels. This phone is pretty much new so I don't understand what's really happening here. My rear camera is operating at a full 12 megapixels. Can anyone help me with this? It's very frustrating.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Note 9 Front Camera

@Samsung_S46Spjn wrote:

For some reason my front camera only takes pictures with 5.2 megapixels. This phone is pretty much new so I don't understand what's really happening here. My rear camera is operating at a full 12 megapixels. Can anyone help me with this? It's very frustrating.

Strange.  I checked mine and I got totally differant numbers for my rear camera.  I got:

• 4:3 8.0 mp
  • 16:9 6.0mp
  • 18.5:9 5.2 mp
  • 1:1 6.0 mp.  

Who is your carrier?  More than likely a carrier customization.  

Red Giant

5.2 is for zoomed photos. There is leaf like icon 1 leaf and 2 leaf. Tap on 2 leaf icon and go to settings and check again - your front camera will have 8 megapixels. 

@userbcMKA9DSlI wrote:

5.2 is for zoomed photos. There is leaf like icon 1 leaf and 2 leaf. Tap on 2 leaf icon and go to settings and check again - your front camera will have 8 megapixels. 

I get the same MP listing whether it's zoomed or not.  The Ratio makes the differance.  I got 8mp on 4:3 no matter what.  Didn't we use to get 12 mp before the update?

Highlighted
Rames
Constellation

The best thing to do is format the phone and try it again...

The best thing to do is format the phone and try it again, if that don't work, take it bank where you bought the phone and let them help you with it, that what I did with mine.

I hope this work for you...