JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 9 Live Focus/Zoom is blurry and buzzing

(Topic created: 04-14-2019 04:40 AM)
userhLrIKfMqdh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The live focus and x2 zoom on my note 9 has suddenly become blurry and the phone is producing a buzzing/vibrating sound everytime I try to use them. Other people have experienced the same issue, and I assume it is a manufacturing faulty. Shouldn't the phone be replaced? Repair is not a the proper solution if the issue is coming from the manufacturer.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
91 Replies
usergx0TNfgm7H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I just sent a pm. Hope you can fix this issue because it's very frustrating to not be able to take pictures or video without the blurry "wave" that appears. Thanks!

0 Likes
userJXHZPRgVeN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same problem.  Ironically, this is my first Samsung which I bought BECAUSE of the camera.  Almost certainly will be my last.

0 Likes
Samsung_wX72eS4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That's because your camera shattered

EmberPines
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem

0 Likes
userL65ZExgvso
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm also having this issue

0 Likes
userX5pizZgtRJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the same issue. When you try zooming the screen becomes blurry and the phone makes a buzzing sound. Also, the phone gets warmer than it usually is. Not sure what is going on. Tried everything to resolve the problem but with no solution. Really disappointed. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey, give this a shot:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
Camera > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

ankesh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The problem is there since 2-3 months, i supposed i was the lone warrior. 

So have we recieved any solution to this issue yet? Has anybody got their problem resolved?

Kindly provide a solution dear SAMSUNG otherwise, we expect a lot from you! @SamsungKim1

Samsung_lYzvn8o
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same issue here need a solution

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This issue is due to a failure of camera components. It is a hardware issue. Any efforts to fix it through software are a placebo, and a waste of time. I'm not really sure why admin is soliciting phone details from people, unless they're working on behind-the-scenes repair set-ups.

If you are impacted by this defect, take the phone to your nearest uBreakiFix, a Samsung-authorized repair franchise. Most techs there are familiar with the issue by now. They will look at your phone, but likely have to order the new camera module. One week later, you'll take your phone back for the actual repair, which will take about 2-3 hours. The Note 9 is still under manufacturer's warranty, so the repair is free.

Conversely, you can also call Samsung Support and send the phone in to the repair center in TX. You'll be without your phone for about 7-10 days, but hopefully, the techs there will also be familiar with this failure, and replace the camera module.

My sister showed me her affected $1300 Note 9, and I was blown away by how awful the defect is. I told her about the uBiF route. She called, and they didn't even need to see her phone; "You need a new camera module. We've seen several of these." Her Note 9 is now FIXED, and she's a happy camper.

0 Likes