cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

[Note 9] One UI 2.0/Android 10 bugs

After updating my note 9 to One UI 2.0/Android 10 it has become really unstable/unusable.

It keeps closing apps down on it's own and generally acts on it's own.

It closes the Play Store and Chrome on it's own about 20-45 seconds after opening it. All of my pictures and videos don't show up in the gallery, it's just a black screen and the app also shuts down on it's own. My files app just show the folders but I can't access the files, when clicked on them the app freezes and closes.

I can't take pictures with my camera as it keeps crashing. Snapchat cant use the camera even though I have given permission. I can't set an alarm as the app freezes and then crashes. I can keep mentioning things for an eternity.

I've tried deleting cache and reinstalling apps, deleted  the phones cache partition etc. But nothing helps.

I don't know what happened with this software update, its like it's not finished or something.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: [Note 9] One UI 2.0/Android 10 bugs

How did you sign up for the beta program?

Highlighted
Constellation

I didn't, this was the official update straight from Samsung. 

I had to reset my phone to get it to work normally again. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, I'm a developer and I have nothing to do with you problem. Lol but I just look to see if there were any pull requests or blam reports on that. I didn't find any but I know with the change over to the android X, api 28+ there has been a lot of issues with older systems transferring the code. I'm sure that doesn't help you or makes you feel any better. Unfortunately with the framework of you device being the older style UI systems are almost certainly going to be affected worse than most apps.

But as soon as I get a chance today, I'll put in a notice for you. Best of luck and hit me back if I can help any.

Highlighted
Constellation

My phone is working normally again. I had to reset my phone though. Not quite sure what happened.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Updated my S9+ today, thinking this would be a good software update,nowni totally regret it.

Same issues, apps shutdown, my gallery, videos, Samsung notes, galaxy store even my WhatsApp. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I would use Samsung switch and go thru the emergency software recovery steps...you'll need to hook-up with a desktop or such!

Samsung switch is designed for this, and for folks not familiar with flashing firmware via Odin, it's alot safer and easier. Once back to CSK1 or such(which is Android Pie 9.0) you'll be back on track with your carrier to receive the stable Android Q 10.0 via OTA, which will be no later than the end of February!!

Finally, keep in mind you're back on pie, but to be honest alot of folks we're having the same problem(s) and decided to revert back and sit tight for the stable, non-buggy build!!

Hope this helps you out...

Highlighted
Constellation

My note 9 got stuck in a boot loop after the ota upgrade to 10.0 from att.   Started it in safemode and reset it.  problem persisted.  Took it to Ubreakifix and the pushed it back to the previous version so now I am not trying to let att upgrade it as long as I can get away with it.   Hopefully next time it works.