Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RossWorld
Constellation

Note 9 Over Heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I received and activated my Note 9 today, but I noticed that the phone got extremally hot in a minute and has stayed that way since. I can't keep the phone in my hand for more than five minutes, because of the hotness of the phone. You can literally fry an egg on the back of the phone. I hope it dosesn't turn out to be another Note 7 crisis. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

47 REPLIES 47
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was worried about the same thing on day 1. I felt it through a sleeve. Not any more.

Just let everything get its first run and initial configuration done, and it wont be a problem soon.

MsChoc37
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine gets hot also when I'm charging it. My biggest issue is its loading slow. It opens pages on the internet slow. We got the 1st batch of phones these always gof issues but they better get them fixed we paid to much money 

usercWu8be1Et7
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my note 9 four days now.  Mine gets hot during charging also.  So hot that I won't connect it for charging while I'm sleeping.  It also gets hot when I plug in USB in my vehicle for charge.  I've owned Notes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 and now 9. Never had this experience in the years of Samsung Note use.  A little disturbing to me. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please send me your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

user7L8dxMNHLr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

I just received my verizon note 9 today and i have the same heatiing issues. Is this defective?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number:

Snote_4life
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone working on disabling Bixby key  ???

PixelNote8
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are a few apps that require ADB Permissions one that let's you remap I'll look them back up and repost. On a side note anyone else have a Middle Camera Off center from the cut out

Andreiovici
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My middle camera lens is off center, it's in the lower left corner.

Very anoiyng, this phone feals rushed.....like a test device for Note 10.... For me it kinda starts disappointing me.

Off center camera, no force press gestures (hard press then swipe left or right), low dpi even though it's a big screen it still feals cramed.