cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userrQBt9vi5n8
Constellation

Re: Note 9 Over Heating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a note 9 in March.  I noticed it was overheating.   This happens so when I am just listening to audiobooks,  charging it, or even when it is idle.  When I am charging it, I get a  notification of a weak charge.  I recently installed a temperature monitor and it indicates a temperature of over 140 degrees Fahrenheit.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrQBt9vi5n8 Do you experience the same symptoms if you test your device in safe mode?

userrQBt9vi5n8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'll try that.  I do know a reset helps.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for follow up. Please keep us posted and let us know if you are still experiencing these symptoms. We are always happy to help.

userrQBt9vi5n8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes it still overheats in safe mode.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrQBt9vi5n8 Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userryEauaBCtA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Even i have my note 9 heating issues since i started using it normally....like if use it for continuous 1 hr it becomes so hot in the back that i can't hold my phone anymore then i keep the screen off for like half hour then it becomes normal & it even doubles the heat when i launch the camera and my phone vibrates while the camera is on and the camera screen creates a ripple i don't know why is this happening
userRIB98q6sm6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All phones create a ripple if you get a message with camera open, it is because the image stablizer gets confused. Physics. Nothing specific to Note 9.

Rule of thumb from a very heavy user, restart your phone once every 4-5 days. If I don't restart the phone for more than a week, I feel my phone running warmer than normal and more battery drains.

user3eRbuIuCQb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung galaxy note 9 gets hot when charging pmus I keep getting an att popup while on internet very frustrating also says finger sensor is blocked when putting password in and unlocking 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3eRbuIuCQb and user43FytIoLgk 

We're sorry to hear you're having this issue, we'd like to escalate this to our specialized team. In order to do so, can you send us a private message here with the below details?-->http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Place of Purchase:
Bill of Sale: (If Available)

Model Code:
IMEI Number: